UBB.threads
Posted By: Redbaron Customs Dagger on eBay - 06/26/2008 04:18 PM
Sadly, after being identified as a repro right here, this is being re-advertised on eBan as:

"an original and very rare land customs dagger. The dagger is made by Alcoso and has the trademark scales with ACS.

Frown Frown Frown

Description: Fake LC
Attached picture 2bd4_1.JPG
Posted By: Redbaron Re: Customs Dagger on eBay - 06/26/2008 04:18 PM
Another...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-German-Dagger_W0QQitemZ2302656...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Description: Fake LC
Attached picture 2c11_1.JPG
Posted By: Landser Re: Customs Dagger on eBay - 06/26/2008 06:23 PM
How unfortunate that bidder ID`s are now secret. Nobody can be warned about this POS.
For anyone who did not see this i believe it was advertised in the for sale forum & subsequently removed by one of the moderators.

What a credit to the forum this "premium" member is. unfortunately I can`t remember it`s name & the removal post has now been deleted.
Posted By: Billy G. Re: Customs Dagger on eBay - 06/26/2008 09:48 PM
Seller's name was "Lokityr", same as the Eban handle. Landser is right on the money when he says POS, what a tool.

Here's the thread on the seller's item removal from GD:
http://daggers.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/748105472/m/5200097855
Posted By: Dave Re: Customs Dagger on eBay - 06/27/2008 01:12 PM
I have asked him to explain a little more in the thread linked just above. I can see that he is watching the Forum but not posting.

Every now and then someone signs up to try to sell questionable stuff. Our members here are a lot more aware of bad items than most people so we usually spot them. If anyone sees a fake or what looks like a scam, please let the mods or myself/Vern know.

Lokityr, now would be a good time to speak up and tell us what is going on

Dave
Posted By: Swordfish Re: Customs Dagger on eBay - 06/28/2008 06:03 AM
There was a similiar issue recently on WAF. Seller caught selling something on the flea after it was identified in the forums as problematic. Owner/seller didn't seem to care.
Posted By: Landser Re: Customs Dagger on eBay - 06/28/2008 09:12 AM
"lokityr, now would be a good time to speak up & tell us what is going on"

The silence is deafening.
However...The item is no longer available

" The seller ended this listing early because of an error in the listing."

When I started out collecting my 3rd piece was bought off ebay & it was a reproduction. It had been sold by a member of this forum on another auction as an original & the scum bag that bought it stiffed me with it a couple of months later. I was a newbie on the forum then & I remember how several people came out to defend the member who had put this dog back out as an original.

I really HATE to see anything like this because I remeber how bitterly disappointed I was.
I also find it surprising that some people will sell their self respect for a paltry couple of hundred bucks and it is an abject lesson in human nature. Unfortunately something that anyone entering this hobby needs to be fully aware of.
© Your new forums