UBB.threads
Posted By: WeaponCollector Identify Dove head dagger / small sword - 03/16/2021 02:42 PM
Hi,

Can anyone identify this E & F Horster & Co Gmbh, Solingen small sword/ dagger/ cutlass (hirschfanger)?

One side has the makers mark HSH without any words and on the other side on the guard it has C 386. The hilt is from wood with remains of what I think is crocodile skin (not sure). No other noticable features can be discovered.

In my opinion the leather scabbard is way too large, hence the point of the scabbard has bended.

Thank you in advance!

Attached picture IMG_4638.jpg
Attached picture IMG_4635.jpg
Attached picture IMG_4636.jpg
Posted By: Dave Re: Identify Dove head dagger / small sword - 03/16/2021 02:48 PM
Welcome to GDC

Perhaps the point was broken and the blade was re-ground.

A child's saber ? How long is it ?

Dave
Posted By: ORPO Re: Identify Dove head dagger / small sword - 03/16/2021 04:04 PM
This is a Saxon Police short sword from prior to WWII. The original scabbard would have been of black leather with nickel plated throat with a frog stud and a nickel plated tip coming to a point and ball at the end.

Attached picture Saxon Pol short sword.JPG
Attached picture Saxon Seitengewehr.jpg
Wow that was quick thank you so much for helping me out! I would have never found out what it is without this information!

Now I only have to discover which City is “C” maybe Cologne who knows
Posted By: Dave Re: Identify Dove head dagger / small sword - 03/16/2021 09:48 PM
Not Cologne as the Germans call that Köln. Maybe Chemnitz
© Your new forums