UBB.threads
Posted By: rm RLB officer 2nd model - 05/14/2020 07:29 PM
Hi
Wondering if you would please offer your opinions. I have had this dagger for over 30 years and just recently noticed a very tiny defect that I was previously unaware of. Just up from the tip is the tiniest roll to the edge. On the reverse of the blade it is not visible. My question..Is it worthwhile having this roll restored and if yes..who would be able to do it?
I realize it is not really good form to ask values here as they are all over the place...but would anyone be willing to suggest value with the imperfection and what it may be after restoration..
Many thanks for your consideration

Attached picture IMG_2008.JPG
Attached picture IMG_2007.JPG
Attached picture IMG_2004.JPG
Attached picture IMG_2005.JPG
Attached picture IMG_2002.JPG
Posted By: Dave Re: RLB officer 2nd model - 05/14/2020 10:09 PM
I am not sure what you mean by a roll to the edge.

Otherwise, it looks good, but I am an SA/SS guy so I'll wait for others to opine.

Dave
Posted By: rm Re: RLB officer 2nd model - 05/14/2020 10:37 PM
Thank you. On the 3rd picture just in from the tip on the top is a tiny dent which isn?t seen on the other side of the blade. A tiny dimple is felt if you run your finger over the blade. I think you will see it if you mag a little. Thanks again
Posted By: Billy G. Re: RLB officer 2nd model - 05/15/2020 02:22 AM
Maybe it's a spot where someone tried to sharpen the blade. I don't think it's that bad if you only noticed it recently, probably best to leave it alone. Sometimes trying to fix something makes it worse.
Posted By: rm Re: RLB officer 2nd model - 05/15/2020 01:09 PM
Thank you Billy. Appreciate your thoughts and will leave as is.
© Your new forums