UBB.threads
Posted By: palante125 Fireman Axe - 02/25/2018 08:04 PM
Good afternoon everyone.
I need information and your opinions on this ax.
Thanks in advance
Toni

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: palante125 Re: Fireman Axe - 02/28/2018 06:13 PM
41 visit? no opinion?
Posted By: wotan Re: Fireman Axe - 03/02/2018 02:41 PM
Hello palante125, visits and looks does not necessarily include enough knowledge or even will to comment without wanting to do any harm. I for myself have very limited knowledge concerning those fireman axes because they are not my field of collection. Nevertheless I do a look wink. I for myself can only say that a -for sure- dating of these axes can mainly happen when it is makermarked or engraved (most fireman axes I have seen have FAKED engravings! just to put it in the 33-45 period), because to my best knowledge such axes have been produced over a long period from shortly after WWI up to after WWII.
This said your axe looks like an old one (no modern reproduction) and resembles nicely the well known H?STER model which is commonly dated in the 33-45 period. For me it looks nice WITHOUT engraving on the sideplates.
It obvoulsny has been (unnecessarily) opended, therefore I personally would turn the head plate for 180 degrees for correct fit.
Regards,
Posted By: palante125 Re: Fireman Axe - 03/04/2018 05:51 PM
thank you very much for your reply. Mr. Wotan.
I already bought the "head plate" many years ago. I will follow his advice and I will turn it around.
Toni
Posted By: Nacho Garcia Re: Fireman Axe - 09/18/2020 05:28 PM
Hi Palante!

these presentation axes are made still in the present days, if you search ?Feuerwehr axt? in google sure you'll find some fireman shops to buy a new one, dificult to say if the one you've posted is form the WW2 period.

regards

Nacho
Posted By: Nacho Garcia Re: Fireman Axe - 09/18/2020 05:28 PM
Hi Palante!

these presentation axes are made still in the present days, if you search ?Feuerwehr axt? in google sure you'll find some fireman shops to buy a new one, dificult to say if the one you've posted is form the WW2 period.

regards

Nacho
© Your new forums