UBB.threads
Posted By: Vassago Dagger NPEA Eickhorn - 06/24/2017 02:44 AM
Hello colleagues, I have seen for sale this NPEA Dagger of the Eickhorn manufacture but of course before making a hasty decision I surrender to the verdict of the forum companions and for the most understood, almost all the NPEA Daggers that I have seen are usually of the manufacturer "Karl Burgsmüller, Berlin" and I would like to know if there were also examples of NPEA Daggers from the "Eickhorn" manufacturing, do you see red flags here? I appreciate your help and wise advice.

I only have these 5 photos of the Dagger, I hope they are enough, I appreciate your opinions on this piece.
Posted By: vintagetimenow Re: Dagger NPEA Eickhorn - 06/24/2017 03:50 AM
Eickhorn did make NPEA daggers, but this does NOT look like a period example. The grip grain and stain color is off, it should have an eagle in the grip. The fit of the blade to the cross guard and the fit of the grip to the cross guard is terrible. This late maker mark would be associated with a different lug on the scabbard. The pictures are too poor to confirm, but it looks like a laser etched blade aged to look used.

here's a real one

Attached picture Eick fr out cr.JPG
Posted By: Vassago Re: Dagger NPEA Eickhorn - 06/24/2017 11:09 AM
Many thanks for your response Vintagetimenow, and those engraved numbers that are seen in the lower garrison?
Posted By: vintagetimenow Re: Dagger NPEA Eickhorn - 06/24/2017 02:38 PM
You should buy Ron Weinand's book Waffenleite NPEA daggers. These were school issued daggers, so many will have the school accountability number. PL = PLON school. Your photos do not show a good view of the stamping, but I assume it's fake. Many reproduction daggers have fake stampings. Here is a photo of a real stamping, photo from GDM, see watermark for owner credit.

Attached picture PL 31 close.jpg
Posted By: seany Re: Dagger NPEA Eickhorn - 06/24/2017 11:04 PM
Leave well alone this dagger as stated by John is very wrong.
Posted By: Vassago Re: Dagger NPEA Eickhorn - 06/27/2017 11:48 AM
Obviously step of this dagger, thank you for your help peers.
© Your new forums