UBB.threads
Posted By: Vassago Reviews for a DLV "Alcoso" Dagger. - 12/27/2016 05:57 PM
Hello colleagues, another piece seen for sale, but naturally I would like to read your comments before making any decision, it is a DLV Dagger "Alcoso" do you see red flags here? Grateful as always for all your comments.

Posted By: Jim W Re: Reviews for a DLV "Alcoso" Dagger. - 12/27/2016 06:11 PM
You need a close up photo of the scabbard mouth to see the markings.
Posted By: Vassago Reviews for a DLV "Alcoso" Dagger. - 12/27/2016 08:42 PM
I'll ask the seller for that picture.
Posted By: wotan Re: Reviews for a DLV "Alcoso" Dagger. - 12/27/2016 11:52 PM
The metal fittings ar all down to the brass. The shape of the wooden, leather covered grip imho does not conform to known originals. The lower scabbard fitting also has a somehow odd shape. The swaz´ medaillion looks at least reattached. I am not sure if ALCOSO is a legit maker of those knives at all.
I personally would look for a much more decent exemplare of this kind of flyer´s knife. They are not scarce so why take such a dubious, at least totally worn down one. Even a lower price will turn out as a boomerang whenever you ever will try to resell it.
Just my personal opinion.
Regards,
Posted By: lakesidetrader Re: Reviews for a DLV "Alcoso" Dagger. - 12/28/2016 02:59 PM
Fake.
Sorry
Posted By: seany Re: Reviews for a DLV "Alcoso" Dagger. - 12/28/2016 09:20 PM
Agreed fake dagger, the maker mark is so wrong
Posted By: Vassago Reviews for a DLV "Alcoso" Dagger. - 12/29/2016 03:48 PM
Thank you colleagues, purchase rejected, there will be other opportunities, the truth is that it was at a fairly cheap price but if it is false I am not interested, I am very grateful as always for all the help that gives me this forum, thank you very much.
© Your new forums