UBB.threads
Posted By: Len S RLB dagger - 07/17/2016 01:12 AM
A couple of daggers came into a local shop recently. One of them is a RLB by Paul Weyersberg (the other dagger is a Luft by Eickhorn). They came with several other pieces supposedly from a deceased veteran's cache of souvenirs. Does the RBL look correct? Here are some pics (apologies for their poor quality).

Len

Attached picture rlb 1.jpg
Attached picture RLB 4.jpg
Attached picture RLB 6.jpg
Attached picture RLB 7.jpg
Attached picture RLB 8.jpg
Posted By: Len S Re: RLB dagger - 07/17/2016 01:14 AM
more pics.

Attached picture RLB 13.jpg
Attached picture RLB 14.jpg
Attached picture RLB 15.jpg
Attached picture RLB 16.jpg
Attached picture RLB 17.jpg
Posted By: Len S Re: RLB dagger - 07/17/2016 01:16 AM
last pics.

Attached picture RLB 18.jpg
Attached picture RLB 19.jpg
Posted By: vintagetimenow Re: RLB dagger - 07/17/2016 01:49 AM
Looks good to me, nice patina.
Posted By: Billy G. Re: RLB dagger - 07/17/2016 06:31 PM
I agree, looks good to me. A pretty scarce dagger to find so if you can get it reasonably, it might be a good idea.
Posted By: Len S Re: RLB dagger - 07/17/2016 08:06 PM
Originally Posted By: Billy G.
I agree, looks good to me. A pretty scarce dagger to find so if you can get it reasonably, it might be a good idea.

Thanks guys. Billy what price would be "reasonable"? I see some high dollar values placed on these by the well known dealers.

Len
Posted By: Billy G. Re: RLB dagger - 07/18/2016 12:44 AM
Len,

If you could swing it for $2000-$2500, it would be quite reasonable. Dealers routinely get $5000 or more for an unmolested 1st model officer dagger.
Posted By: sellick8302@rogers.com Re: RLB dagger - 07/19/2016 12:48 AM
I agree very nice dagger cheers Ryan
Posted By: Serge (aka Wagner) Re: RLB dagger - 07/21/2016 06:45 PM
Just so this thread doesn't end, like so many, with never-ending silence....so what happened ?

Posted By: Len S Re: RLB dagger - 07/22/2016 02:06 AM
Originally Posted By: Serge (aka Wagner)
Just so this thread doesn't end, like so many, with never-ending silence....so what happened ?

Hi Serge,
According to state statute items purchased by a pawn shop must be held for thirty days before being sold. So the RLB's in limbo till then but I'll pick it up when it becomes available.

Best regards,
Len
Posted By: sellick8302@rogers.com Re: RLB dagger - 07/22/2016 12:27 PM
I thought it was for sale, from a deceased veteran? So has it been pawned? Being held as collateral? Len, I would like to see you obtain it and for a good price. It is a difficult dagger to obtain in this un-molested condition. Would hate that it be purchased by someone that is not aware of exactly what they have cheers and good luck!!!! Ryan
Posted By: Billy G. Re: RLB dagger - 07/22/2016 01:33 PM
Len,

I agree with Ryan, put a deposit on it, if you can. You don't want to let it slip away from you.
Posted By: Len S Re: RLB dagger - 07/23/2016 02:11 PM
Originally Posted By: sellick8302@rogers.com
I thought it was for sale, from a deceased veteran? So has it been pawned? Being held as collateral? Len, I would like to see you obtain it and for a good price. It is a difficult dagger to obtain in this un-molested condition. Would hate that it be purchased by someone that is not aware of exactly what they have cheers and good luck!!!! Ryan

Hi Ryan,
The vet's heirs sold the dagger to the pawn shop, even so the shop still has to wait 30 days to sell it. The shop's owner and I are good friends of many years and I'm his go to guy for ID'g Militaria. I'm not worried about it being sold out from under me. In fact I was at the shop yesterday to look at a Luger the heirs had brought in and sold after the dagger deal. Thanks to you all for your input on the RLB.

Len
Posted By: sellick8302@rogers.com Re: RLB dagger - 07/26/2016 02:10 PM
good to hear Len. Keep us up dated can't wait to see it once you get it.....even better if it is for a great/good price keeping my fingers crossed. Please update us cheers, Ryan
© Your new forums