UBB.threads
Posted By: OKCmike Salty Diplomat dagger real/fake? - 04/11/2016 08:23 PM
I'm hoping these photos are good enough for you guys to help me out with determining if this salty Diplomat is genuine or fake. Thanks in advance for any advice you might give.

Posted By: Arminius Re: Salty Diplomat dagger real/fake? - 04/11/2016 10:31 PM
I think we need more and closer pictures.

It looks as though this dagger was heavily tarnished at some point, completely black, (a promising sign of originality) but has been heavily cleaned (bad sign if this has damaged it). The simulated mother of pearl grip looks original to me, but has been cracked.

I can't see the blade or the scabbard from these pics, and the blade is what counts for me personally. Please take more photos.
Posted By: Arminius Re: Salty Diplomat dagger real/fake? - 04/11/2016 10:34 PM
Also please take a photograph of the top of the pommel, the Eagles head, so we can see the two holes of the tang screw.
Posted By: OKCmike Re: Salty Diplomat dagger real/fake? - 04/11/2016 11:14 PM
Thanks for reply guys. Photos were sent to me by friend asking my opinion. I'm not familiar with Dipomat/Government so posted here. I've emailed him asking for additional photos and info. on the dagger including asking price. I don't believe he's purchased it as yet, so he'll probably have to get them from seller. Will update when I hear back from him.
Posted By: Billy G. Re: Salty Diplomat dagger real/fake? - 04/11/2016 11:32 PM
These pictures look like a Diplomat's dagger that's been floating around Craigslist for a while. If I remember correctly, the asking price is suspiciously low. If I'm right, tell your friend not to bother.
Posted By: OKCmike Re: Salty Diplomat dagger real/fake? - 04/12/2016 03:34 PM
Heard back from my friend and Billy G. you were right on the money. Dagger belongs to a guy out of Alaska on Craigslist for 600.00. Crook also has a SA full Rohm Dagger listed for same price. Oh man and I thought ebay was bad. Anyway send him a link to this site and advised him to keep to reputable dealers. Thanks again to all who responded.
Posted By: Billy G. Re: Salty Diplomat dagger real/fake? - 04/13/2016 01:34 AM
This same dagger has been listed in various cities in the US. The seller does not own the dagger in question nor does he reside in the US. While I suspect the dagger itself is genuine, the lowball price should be a huge red flag. The same pics have been circulating for months smile
Posted By: ChriSS Re: Salty Diplomat dagger real/fake? - 06/18/2016 02:45 PM
This dagger was out of Miami for a while, the guy was kicked off "knife forums" for selling at least 5 daggers on the rare list. He is actually out of europe, I confronted the guy and he stopped contact. This is the same dagger on craigslist in Florida, he uses the "used" to be in the US and "just moved" line. run from it.
Posted By: den70 Re: Salty Diplomat dagger real/fake? - 06/20/2016 10:15 AM
Gentlemen. Be careful. That dagger was from my friend 8 years ago. I was made these picture and post it.

http://www.sammler.ru/index.php?showtopic=35710&hl=

I think someone sale pictures.

Attached picture IMG_6697 — ?????.jpg
Attached picture IMG_6710 — ?????.jpg
Attached picture IMG_6703 — ?????.jpg
Posted By: Billy G. Re: Salty Diplomat dagger real/fake? - 06/26/2016 01:20 AM
These same pictures pop up for sale in the US in a bunch of different cities. Price is always ridiculously low too, like $600.
Posted By: Dave Re: Salty Diplomat dagger real/fake? - 06/26/2016 02:05 AM
"Price is always ridiculously low too, like $600"

I think there is a clue there, Billy

Ya think?
© Your new forums