Attached picture 146-7.jpg
Attached picture 146-8.jpg
Attached picture 146-9.jpg

Attached picture 146-10.jpg
Attached picture 146-11.jpg
Attached picture 146-12.jpg
Attached picture 146-13.jpg
Attached picture 146-14.jpg
Posted By: wotan Re: Postal Leader Dagger Opinions Please......... - 09/18/2014 11:42 PM
What I can see from the pics it ia an original postal protection dagger. Generally the emblem has to checked if it is attached in the proper way.
The overall condition looks very well and the scabbard seems to have itīs original paint. The dagger seems to be an unnumbered piece or is there a DRP and # on the underside of the crossguard wings?
Regards,
Good question wotan , I wonder the same thing . These are the only pictures available .
I'm not a expert on Postschutz daggers but this does look like an original example to me. From what I can see in one of the pictures, the crossguard underside appears unmarked which would still be OK for a later produced item & would be consistent with the beautiful condition of it. Looks like it might even be a unissued piece. I'm curious some of our long standing experts see anything I'm missing.
Posted By: den70 Re: Postal Leader Dagger Opinions Please......... - 09/19/2014 07:31 PM
I think it good dagger. Will interesting see number at down crossguard.
Looks great to me . 100% original example.
serial number 1003, outstanding original early dagger IMO, that just sold for $2,900. +BP at auction. smile
Wow, a nice price for a desirable dagger. I guess buyers in general are a little gunshy about certain dagger models lately?
Great piece!
Personally speaking, I have never seen one that nice. How did it come to be preserved like that?

Mark
A Gent I met at a Barber shop in NJ was telling me about a Mint Postal leaders dagger he had..and wanted to know more about it....and wondering if its the same guy?
Looks good to me... a friend of mine owns one and it's identical.
© Your new forums