UBB.threads
Posted By: Bismarck Postal Service dagger - 05/20/2014 11:33 AM
Hi gents, long time no see. smile

I'm posting this dagger for a fellow collector. The dagger is believed to be a recent made copy and they didn't care much for it on WAF.

Just to make sure I'm posting it for a second opinion here where the expertise is higher.

Thanks in advance!

Regards
Trond.

Posted By: Bismarck Re: Postal Service dagger - 05/20/2014 11:40 AM
More pics.
Posted By: Billy G. Re: Postal Service dagger - 05/20/2014 11:41 AM
Several things jump out at me on this dagger. Maybe more, I just haven't had my coffee yet. I suspect this to be a recently fabricated item & would not like to assist those faking these daggers by posting the reasons however I'm fairly certain this dagger was not made during the 3R.
Posted By: Bismarck Re: Postal Service dagger - 05/20/2014 11:44 AM
Final pics.

Posted By: Bismarck Re: Postal Service dagger - 05/20/2014 11:52 AM
Originally Posted By: Billy G.
I suspect this to be a recently fabricated item & would not like to assist those faking these daggers by posting the reasons

I can totally relate to that conclusion, but it would be so much helpful for potencial buyers if they at least had a clue on what to look for. Is it the scabbard, the handle, crossguard or the blade that give's this one away?
Posted By: lakesidetrader Re: Postal Service dagger - 05/20/2014 12:33 PM
Buy how could if be fake comes w a COA grin
junk
Posted By: Bismarck Re: Postal Service dagger - 05/20/2014 12:44 PM
No kidding, Paul! smile

The funny thing is that this Dolch-expertise was issued with the dagger in 2002 by Andres L�ck, claiming that the only matters is some wear marks and a wrong chain...

Posted By: lakesidetrader Re: Postal Service dagger - 05/20/2014 01:40 PM
It is bothersome that he uses Johnson's name to lend it credibility.
Posted By: wotan Re: Postal Service dagger - 05/20/2014 01:57 PM
Originally Posted By: Bismarck

I can totally relate to that conclusion, but it would be so much helpful for potencial buyers if they at least had a clue on what to look for. Is it the scabbard, the handle, crossguard or the blade that give's this one away?

Bismarck, nobody can tell you what to look for because it is a TOTAL FAKE. There is nothing right on this dagger and, beside it�s overall form, all is wrong!
Regards,
Posted By: Bismarck Re: Postal Service dagger - 05/20/2014 02:39 PM
I'm not here to argue, just wanted a second opinion.

The main goal is to prevent my friend from buying a fake dagger, so tanks guys!
Posted By: lakesidetrader Re: Postal Service dagger - 05/20/2014 03:36 PM
There are a few sellers on EBay that come up over and over selling questionable items. After a while you can recognize them.
Posted By: Serge (aka Wagner) Re: Postal Service dagger - 05/21/2014 05:55 AM
Originally Posted By: lakesidetrader
It is bothersome that he uses Johnson's name to lend it credibility.

Paul, Soon they will be using your name...then how would you feel ? laugh
Posted By: Ronald Weinand Re: Postal Service dagger - 05/21/2014 04:22 PM
The one statement in the document that tells you all you need to know is the reference to the 1st MODEL Luftwaffe chain as an original Post Schutz chain is NOT like a Luft.
Posted By: OverLord Re: Postal Service dagger - 06/20/2014 09:13 PM
Who the hell is Andres L�ck? Can't find any info on the net about this "credible" expert.
Posted By: lanner Re: Postal Service dagger - 06/26/2014 04:34 AM
The one statement in the document that tells you all you need to know is the reference to the 1st MODEL Luftwaffe chain as an original Post Schutz chain is NOT like a Luft.

not to defend the originality of this dubious object ,just to rectify the translation of the paper supplied:
it does state that it is a 1st Luftwaffe dagger dagger chain and to justify the """low""" price it says in brackets aged condition and incorrect chain
© Your new forums