UBB.threads
Posted By: iegantiques Helmet questions from the new girl! - 08/10/2006 02:11 AM
Just curious once again if this is the real thing or not. What exactly are they and what's their value?You guys have been sooo helpfull lately in letting me know what I'm coming across. I just want to say thanks again to all you "experts" out there. I am way out of my element with this stuff.

Attached picture helmet_2_left.jpg
Posted By: iegantiques Re: Helmet questions from the new girl! - 08/10/2006 02:11 AM
same helmet

Attached picture helmet_2_right.jpg
Posted By: iegantiques Re: Helmet questions from the new girl! - 08/10/2006 02:12 AM
same again

Attached picture helmet2_inside_.jpg
Posted By: iegantiques Re: Helmet questions from the new girl! - 08/10/2006 02:13 AM
helmet #2

Attached picture helmet_l_side.jpg
Posted By: iegantiques Re: Helmet questions from the new girl! - 08/10/2006 02:13 AM
helmet #2 again

Attached picture helmet_inside.jpg
Posted By: iegantiques Re: Helmet questions from the new girl! - 08/10/2006 02:14 AM
helmet#2 last one

Attached picture helmet_markings.jpg
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Helmet questions from the new girl! - 08/10/2006 05:37 AM
The first is a M35 reissue with reproduction decals added post-war.
The 2nd is a Luftshutz gladiator style helmet.
Posted By: Stephan Wahl Re: Helmet questions from the new girl! - 08/10/2006 08:11 PM
I agree on both. Interesting to see the Luftwaffe bird flying backwards on that 1st helmet. At least whoever faked the decal didn't try to "copy" the origuinal
Posted By: iegantiques Re: Helmet questions from the new girl! - 08/10/2006 11:07 PM
Any idea of the value of the gladiator helmet, I assume you guys believe that to be real. Thanks again. Jen
Posted By: Rev.Mike Re: Helmet questions from the new girl! - 08/11/2006 12:39 PM
Just my opinion, mind you - These are generally not considered as desireable as combat helmets. I would personally not pay over $150.00 for one, but they occasionally do go for a bit more based on condition and the market.I think any serious TR helmet collector should probably have at least one example in their stable.
The Luftwaffe helmet with the post-war decals would be worth more if the decals were carefully removed so as not to damage the paint.
Cheers,
-Mike
Posted By: Asper Re: Helmet questions from the new girl! - 08/12/2006 05:18 PM
hmmm... M40 and reversed first pattern adler would've given me indigestion... Did anyone notice the interesting extra ventilation holes altered on the liner?
Posted By: Rev.Mike Re: Helmet questions from the new girl! - 08/12/2006 05:38 PM
I did notice that...almost looks like they were added to accomodate the tabs that fit the leather neck protector of a fireman's helmet. Maybe a post war usage? The only trouble with this theory is that they seem to go around the front as well. Another mystery...
© Your new forums