UBB.threads
Posted By: Wolf11B Need Help with Helmet Advice - 12/11/2015 10:20 PM
Collected a couple of German helmets before in the past but now I am on the lead of finding a private seller with an SS helmet. I know SS items are highly reproduced, but would like to have some advice and tips of what to look for on the helmet to determine if it is fake or real. If I can I will post photos once I get some, and if the private seller is okay with it.
THe list of what makes a faked/or to put it direct *a scamming sale* are to numerous, Best to take detailed pics, post before buying, if the buyer is against this, tell him to go ******** an egg as he is most likelt trying to cheat you
Posted By: Recondo65 Re: Need Help with Helmet Advice - 12/17/2015 12:01 AM
I have pictures but its difficult to post on here for some reason. Like I said I purchased this years ago. any help on posting pics on here would be helpful
Posted By: Wolf11B Re: Need Help with Helmet Advice - 12/29/2015 11:54 PM
Finally got the photos for the SS helmet, tell me what your opinion is. I know it is is rough shape but was told this private seller bought it from a guy who just had it up in his attic. Any help is great, thanks for you time.
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Re: Need Help with Helmet Advice - 12/30/2015 12:16 AM
I don't see any pics, wolf... Did u try to post them?
Posted By: Wolf11B Re: Need Help with Helmet Advice - 12/30/2015 12:16 AM
1-4

Attached picture rsz_3ss_1.jpg
Attached picture rsz_ss_2 (1).jpg
Attached picture rsz_ss_3 (1).jpg
Attached picture rsz_ss_4 (1).jpg
Posted By: Wolf11B Re: Need Help with Helmet Advice - 12/30/2015 12:18 AM
5-8

Attached picture rsz_ss_5 (1).jpg
Attached picture rsz_ss_6.jpg
Attached picture rsz_ss_7 (1).jpg
Attached picture rsz_ss_8 (1).jpg
Posted By: Wolf11B Re: Need Help with Helmet Advice - 12/30/2015 12:18 AM
9-11

Attached picture rsz_ss_9 (1).jpg
Attached picture rsz_ss_10 (1).jpg
Attached picture rsz_ss_11.jpg
strange shadow around the SS decal. Should not be there. Enhanced.
Posted By: Panzerfaust Re: Need Help with Helmet Advice - 12/30/2015 07:01 AM
Indeed... that "halo" around that decal looks suspicious. Plus at the inside before the name of the soldier it says "ober" which I presume it's the rank (Obergefreiter). Not really a Waffen SS rank...
Posted By: Wolf11B Re: Need Help with Helmet Advice - 01/02/2016 08:32 PM
Thanks again for all the advice again, I kind of had my doubts especially after see that "halo" that Panzerfaust referred to when I first saw the helmet. Could you give me some tips on some SS helmets on what to look for it they are real or fake. Thanks again for the help.
© Your new forums