UBB.threads
Posted By: Steven C New Chicken wire - 08/23/2015 07:00 PM
Yep new, just put it on yesterday smile
I picked up this shell a number of years ago because it was priced to good to pass up. I had wanted to paint it in camouflage colors and add chicken wire to sit on the shelf. It would be as close I would come to owning one unless fell into one.

On Friday I came across some wire and thought I would experiment to see how well it went on and get a feel for it. I'll eventually paint it but I'm still on the lookout for some much older wire. I want something of heaver gaged and smaller holes.

I thought I post a fun not to serious thread today. I hope none of you were disappointed not being original. I haven't decided on type or color camo pattern yet, I've seen some neat ones. The shell is not worth much and thought I'd give it a little character.

Steve,

Attached picture image.jpg
Posted By: Steven C Re: New Chicken wire - 08/29/2015 05:12 AM
I was thinking after near sixty views, I thought I may get a comment. Like Your topic and new chicken wire on a pitted shell ******** why bother. That would of at least been a comment. I got a thick skin you all can speak freely. I wanted to give it new camo restore and wire for personal enjoyment not yet done yet.

Seems like this forum has very few members left willing too express a opinion. I also Understand a lot of members have left or been banned for opinions. I thought I'd throw something outside box just for the banter of it.

In a another gun forum in the off topic area I showed how to restore a 75 year old cast iron skillet, and got a lot of responses. Some of the guys dug out what they thought was junk from the garage and are now using it.

Just my thoughts, this was a fun forum back in the day. Sorry Dave, I did Use the word ******** but I didn't use any thing that started with F
Posted By: Dave Re: New Chicken wire - 08/29/2015 05:11 PM
Steven,

You did not pose a question or request comments about helmet. Like most people, I looked at it and wondered where the topic was going. Maybe we'd get to see some paint next ... or maybe some old chicken wire you found.

Dave
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Re: New Chicken wire - 08/29/2015 06:49 PM
Nice helmet, personally I would leave it as is or maybe try to find a liner, depending on price and availability...but it looks like it might turn out to be a neat project when painted,,, thanks for the picture, Steven!
Posted By: Panzerfaust Re: New Chicken wire - 09/03/2015 11:00 PM
Nice lid and wire... I'd paint this puppy in an aged Feldgrau and then apply a camo paint type Sicily or Normandy.
© Your new forums