UBB.threads
Posted By: forton WW I M-!8 Camo Mail Back Helmet - 02/13/2014 03:30 AM
Here is my latest find a nice untouched M-18 camo mail back Helmet. There are three leather tags where the soldier mailed the helmet to his mother Mrs. William Zollman~from France. This old helmet has spoke volumes to me after searching on ancestry.com and Checking US Census. I have a copy of Mr Zollman Jr Military Registration Card and a photo of his military grave. I have much more info on Mr Zollmam...more than I can post here.I will say he lived a long life married late in life and had two children. We often say when we pick up a old military item if this piece could speak ... Well my old helmet has told me a lot about the soldier and his family .. Regards,Jeff

Attached picture nc2.jpg
Attached picture nc1.jpg
Attached picture nc3.jpg
Attached picture nc4.jpg
Attached picture nc6.jpg
Posted By: James LeBrasseur Re: WW I M-!8 Camo Mail Back Helmet - 02/13/2014 11:44 PM
Congrats, that is a very nice find!

James
Posted By: Rob Sutton Re: WW I M-!8 Camo Mail Back Helmet - 02/15/2014 12:01 AM
Very nice can we see the leather tags ? Rob
Posted By: forton Re: WW I M-!8 Camo Mail Back Helmet - 02/15/2014 04:13 AM
Here you go Rob.. Leather tags front and back and Mr Zollmans Registration Card. One side has his Mothers address and the other~ From: Wm. Zollmam..159th inf. brig.. A.E.F. France.. The discoloring on the top of the helmet is where it rested for many years and the stamps placed.. Regards,Jeff

Attached picture nt2.jpg
Attached picture nt1.jpg
Attached picture nt3.jpg
Posted By: Rob Sutton Re: WW I M-!8 Camo Mail Back Helmet - 02/28/2014 10:58 PM
Very cool , thats a fine helmet Jeff . Rob
Posted By: Scott R. Re: WW I M-!8 Camo Mail Back Helmet - 12/10/2014 01:40 AM
Fantastic M18! Having the mail back info really helps solidify the provenance. I just love the WW1 Camo's!
Posted By: timothy downum Re: WW I M-!8 Camo Mail Back Helmet - 01/01/2015 05:25 PM
Nice WW1 helmet love the bringhomes with tags. timothy
© Your new forums