UBB.threads
Posted By: PAULZAYA ARMY HELMET WITH 2 ARMY DECALS-WHAT IS IT??? - 07/25/2012 07:59 PM
PLEASE LOOK AT THIS HELMET I JUST PICKED UP A FEW HOURS AGO AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK IS GOING ON WITH THE DECALS. TO ME I AM HOPING IT IS A SINGLE DECAL NAVY THAT SOME ONE ADDED AN ARMY DECAL. WHAT DO YOU FELLOWS THINK. THANKS PAUL

Attached picture SAM_0640.jpg
Attached picture SAM_0641.jpg
Attached picture SAM_0642.jpg
Attached picture SAM_0643.jpg
Attached picture SAM_0645.jpg
Attached picture SAM_0649.jpg
Attached picture SAM_0650.jpg
Attached picture SAM_0651.jpg
Attached picture SAM_0652.jpg
Attached picture SAM_0653.jpg
ran out of national shields maybe?
Boy, I do not know. I have seen SS helmets with 2 SS decals but I can't for the life of me remember why. At 65 facts don't hop back into my mind as fast as they use to.
Steve
Nice helmet . I suspect the vet who picked it up probably added the other decal . Rob
Posted By: RFI Re: ARMY HELMET WITH 2 ARMY DECALS-WHAT IS IT??? - 07/29/2012 09:22 PM
Too bad, messed with helmet.
Bob
yes the general thought on these is that they were post war decaled (at least the one side) I always hoped they would turn up as foreign volunteers

and the problem is that the pattern they were decaled with is one of the more commonly found "unused" army decals that turn up. I have have had 3 or 4 of these over the years, right from veterans, but it may have been done by an enterprising German in 45/46...
thanks jerry. good to hear from you. paul
Posted By: Rick Re: ARMY HELMET WITH 2 ARMY DECALS-WHAT IS IT??? - 09/08/2012 10:36 PM
Paul, ask Earl..He probably has a good answer for you...
© Your new forums