UBB.threads
Posted By: militarymania SS helmet from our Proxibid friends - 02/29/2012 12:55 AM
opinions and comments welcome regarding this item are solicited,,these are the only pics provided by the auction company

Attached picture auction SS m42 helmet 1.jpg
Attached picture auction SS m42 helmet 2.jpg
Attached picture auction SS m42 helmet 3.jpg
Posted By: Rob Sutton Re: SS helmet from our Proxibid friends - 03/02/2012 06:07 PM
M42 black SS I think not . Looks like a Norwegian liner as well . Rob
Posted By: Mark Carter Re: SS helmet from our Proxibid friends - 03/02/2012 08:18 PM
Rob Sutton 100% correct.
Beware of most of TR relics on those auction houses that are regulars on ProxiBid/& Live Auctioneer. Do'nt mis-understand that statement, I participate on most every militaria /gun/antique auction that has any militaria relic,and have **bought**(bid and won)a lot of interesting relics/militaria/antiques... most every single SS relic is a fake/re do/fantasy/messed with/

But by the time you pay your bid/ the internet bid %%%,15%-20%/auction house %%%/shipping and handling via 3rd party shipper most of the time.. your item costs a lot more than what you can get at show/

By the why, this helmet has a bunch of problems anyhow.../liner/chinstrap/paint/decal
Mark Carter ...is 100% correct IMO. - grin

-serge-
That decal is dismal....would only fool the most amateur of collector....not good....cheers, Ryan
Posted By: militarymania Re: SS helmet from our Proxibid friends - 03/03/2012 07:43 PM
i didnt like it because of the liner basically...Sold at auction for $1180.00 including commission!
Posted By: Grumpy Re: SS helmet from our Proxibid friends - 03/03/2012 08:08 PM
Would someone please explain why the decal is bad? I think we are beyond tipping off the fakers how to replicate authentic ones. Thanks.
What makes this a Nrwegian liner? cheers and thanks
Posted By: Mark Carter Re: SS helmet from our Proxibid friends - 04/09/2012 09:36 PM
Color!!! Dyed red..
Posted By: RFI Re: SS helmet from our Proxibid friends - 04/11/2012 01:32 AM
If you have nothing better to do and you stair at enough SS decals long enough, I am sure most people have better things to do. You will see the dimensions and execution of this decal are alien to any originals.
Best Wishes,
Bob
Posted By: timboo Re: SS helmet from our Proxibid friends - 04/11/2012 08:34 PM
I'm so lost on SS decals. The one is this helmet looks to my uneducated eye as a twin to one on germanhelmets.com being sold as an original.
Posted By: Grumpy Re: SS helmet from our Proxibid friends - 04/18/2012 04:32 AM
For me, SS decals are one of the most confusing aspects of the militaria collecting hobby. Generally, I have a pretty good eye for most things, but these decals throw me for a loop. Some fakes are easy to spot, some not. I have seen and heard different opinions on the same decal more than once. I know there are knowledgeable collectors who insist only specific decals go with specific helmet markings. Other knowledgeable collectors say t'ain't so. I have also seen unquestionable vet bring backs whose decals were declared fakes. Even in Kelly's works, he depicts variant decals. So, other than the most blatant copies and the well known authentic examples such as Pocher,, how can anybody be sure of the authenticy of any decal?
© Your new forums