UBB.threads
Posted By: lugar05 luft sd helmet w/o liner who has liners - 01/28/2007 07:16 PM
Forum,
I just aquired a large size sd luft helmet w/o a liner who can i contact to restore this helmet
thanks in advance
lugar05
Posted By: lugar05 Re: luft sd helmet w/o liner who has liners - 01/30/2007 11:43 PM
forum,
need your help otherwise this helmet is useless without a liner
thanks lugar05
Posted By: steveh Re: luft sd helmet w/o liner who has liners - 01/31/2007 09:05 AM
have you tried b and s militaria from poland, they have a lot of original stuff including liners, can`t find their website address, someone on here will have it. steve.
Posted By: Tom Kibler Re: luft sd helmet w/o liner who has liners - 02/05/2007 08:13 PM
Can you post pics? It's one thing to "restore" the helmet with a liner if you intend on keeping it. If you ever sell it - many people will consider it "played with" due to the post-war addition of a liner, and thus it will be worth the value of a shell and liner.
Posted By: Herr Wolf Re: luft sd helmet w/o liner who has liners - 02/07/2007 01:02 AM
http://www.bands-militaria.com/

Blazej and Szymon, their business moved to czech Republic. I dealt with them before and it was a very pleasant experience.
Posted By: Herr Wolf Re: luft sd helmet w/o liner who has liners - 02/07/2007 01:07 AM
Another thing to consider. It was not uncommon for pilots and other aircraft personal to take a helmet shell without liner and wear over their Flighthelmets. There are numerous pictures confirming that. This may be a much easier (and probably cheaper) option for you to display your helmet in a historical accurate way. Finding all the parts in matching (coondition and vintage may be very difficult and probably costly. Flighthelmets are not that difficult to find.
© Your new forums