UBB.threads
Posted By: andy-w British SOE Smatchet. - 09/16/2020 07:06 AM
Hi Guys,

I have recently joined and thought i would share a few pics of a recent purchase that i acquired along with an SA Dagger.

It is a British SOE Smatchet. Used by the OSS, SOE and other special forces during WW2.
These were used as close quarter fighting knives. It has spent a lot of years tucked away in a box but still retains a razor sharp cutting edge. Holding the Smatchet you can feel how solid and well balanced the knife is. It's definitely not something you would to come up against.

Unfortunately i can't make out the writing on the canvas sheath which would have been nice.

Anyway i hope you like the pictures and a shared peice of history on what is quite a rare knife.

Cheers

Andy

Attached picture smatchet1a.jpg
Attached picture smatchet2a.jpg
Attached picture smatchet3a.jpg
Posted By: Dave Re: British SOE Smatchet. - 09/16/2020 03:29 PM
That is the real thing.

If you can borrow a better camera and shoot good close-ups, maybe someone can decipher what is on scabbard.

Dave
Posted By: Gaspare Re: British SOE Smatchet. - 09/16/2020 07:44 PM
Yeah thats Nice! definitely [?] the better $ of the 2 pieces I'd say.. Great catch!
Posted By: andy-w Re: British SOE Smatchet. - 09/17/2020 07:38 AM
Originally Posted by Gaspare
Yeah thats Nice! definitely [?] the better $ of the 2 pieces I'd say.. Great catch!

Cheers..!
It is an absolute brute of a knife. Sharp as hell and very well made. I think it will be a while before i pass this on.
© Your new forums