UBB.threads
Posted By: Patrick69 My fledgling collection so far..... - 11/18/2016 12:08 AM
So here is what I have accumulated over the last 3-4 months, it's getting there. I had to slow my buying up a little bit due to xmas but beginning of year I'll be shopping for the darkest orange handled 2nd Luftwaffe I can find, Navy, and early 1st model Luftwaffe. First pic is my bayonets: from left to right...a 1938 matching numbered Holler K98 bayonet. Next is a single/standard remembrance etched Alcoso bayonet. Finally a mint Klass long dress bayonet. Second is my swords: top to bottom..early Luft sword by Paul Weyersburg. Next is an Eickhorn Prinz Eugen army/SS sword. Bottom is Weimar period Naval sword, depot marked, no maker mark. Last pic is subordinate forestry by Eickhorn (1935-41 mark) that my Great uncle brought home from Europe after the war in 1945. Last is an untouched Army officer also by Eickhorn, love that dark orange handle!! meh, not bad for a couple of month's work huh?

Attached picture Bayonets#1.jpg
Attached picture Swords#1.jpg
Attached picture forestry.jpg
Posted By: Patrick69 Re: My fledgling collection so far..... - 11/18/2016 12:16 AM
oops....I missed a sword!!! top sword is an Army officer, no maker (any idea guys who might have made this?) I bought it at a gun show sans the scabbard so I am on the prowl for a loose sword scabbard, not that easy to find by the way....
Posted By: Gaspare Re: My fledgling collection so far..... - 11/18/2016 12:58 AM
Hey, your doing good! Always buy what you like,,and in the best condition you can get!

IF you can make it to one of the bigger shows SOS / MAX you'd probably find a scabbard... Keep going!
Posted By: Vern Re: My fledgling collection so far..... - 11/18/2016 02:00 AM
Nice collection. I especially like the Navy sword. They are not too easy to find wink
Cool display rack also man w the EK in the wood there, unique!
Posted By: Redsled Re: My fledgling collection so far..... - 11/18/2016 05:24 AM
Nice Collection smile
Posted By: Patrick69 Re: My fledgling collection so far..... - 11/18/2016 04:30 PM
Thanks Gaspare....its a work in progress wink

Vern..would you believe I only paid $500 for it too! the blade has a slight "wave" in it, but it's not noticeable unless you look for it. the amount of work they put into these things is amazing. A very underrated sword I think.

Byzanti..I wanted to put a either an Army hat or metal Navy breast eagle instead of the iron cross, but I didn't want to take the chance of mangling an original eagle. The cross is just a junk fake one I had laying around, came in handy and it worked out.

Bob (redsled)..thanks sir!! I'll trade them all for your Plymouth fury!! wink

the hunt goes on!! happy hunting guys
Posted By: Eric26 Re: My fledgling collection so far..... - 11/18/2016 05:47 PM
Nice display/sword/daggers etc ! - wouldn't call this "fledgling " anymore smile
Posted By: VAT69 Re: My fledgling collection so far..... - 12/11/2016 05:34 PM
This is a very good start! I think it would be better to divide by the types of blades or by the branches of troops. For example separately SA / SS / WH / KM / LW, etc. Or swords / daggers. Then it will be easier to arrange collection.
Regards,