UBB.threads
Posted By: all1knew one of my display cases - 08/08/2012 12:47 AM
Hello all,

Just wanted to share this one with you. Somewhat random items just tossed in there, but I like the way it looks anyway.

William Kramer

Attached picture IMG_0194.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0195.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0198.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0200.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0201.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0206.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0207.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0209.JPG
Posted By: all1knew Re: one of my display cases - 08/08/2012 12:48 AM
Hello again,

Might as well throw these in there as well. Bill Warda of Media, PA does my awards/insignias displays and Skipper Greenwade does my headgear displays. Both of these two are known for their quality and products are of the highest caliber.

William Kramer

Attached picture IMG_0211.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0216.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0218.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0219.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0222.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0223.JPG
Posted By: slayer Re: one of my display cases - 08/10/2012 05:31 AM
Wow love these shadow boxes.
Posted By: WWII Re: one of my display cases - 08/10/2012 01:25 PM
William,

Great fun working together with you on your project!

Many thanks. wink

Bill
Posted By: Tanker My display cases - 08/11/2012 08:19 PM
These certainly are not up to the same level as your cases.
These are my prototypes built up until I decide the type of wood to use. So far, they do their intended purpose, keep dust away from them and I can still view them.
Ron

Attached picture case1.jpg
Attached picture case2.jpg
Attached picture case3.jpg
Posted By: WWII Re: My display cases - 08/12/2012 11:41 AM
Ron,

You're certainly off to a great start, very nice! I especially like your third display, it gives the objects some room to breath. Excellent!

Been tinkering around with these projects since the late seventies. My initial plans were mostly to reduce the pressure of the foam insert that squeezed the crap out of a dagger against the glass. To my way of thinking this was simply a matter of "less being more..." I started experimenting with materials to recess the scabbards and daggers to the point where gravity held them in the exact spot where I wanted them to stay. Carumba .. lots of trial, error and wasted materials to say the least, but eventually I started to catch on.

Then I became interested in how the big museums went about putting their displays together? Because as everyone knows that these people are quite learned in these particular areas of science - metallurgy, chemistry, conservation, restoration, protection, and display of art. Truly wizards at their crafts. In a nutshell, the more I studied the more I could 'fine-tune' the small bits that I already knew. So too, I've been practicing with the help of friends who entrusted me with some of their unique and beautiful weapons.

I started a 'display-case' thread over in the community section, hoping we could all add our cased displays to that as a reference? Recently scanned a couple old photos of my earliest 'gravity' projects. I'll pop those over there. Possibly inspirational to those considering starting and sharing projects of their own?

Best!

Bill
Posted By: A J Re: My display cases - 08/12/2012 12:06 PM
Bill for some reason there is no reply tab on your thread in the Community Forum
Posted By: WWII Re: My display cases - 08/12/2012 12:27 PM
AJ,

Thanks, just saw that when I went to post ... trying to fix it as we speak ... wink

B~
Posted By: Tanker Re: My display cases - 08/12/2012 07:05 PM
Thanks. I liked daggers and never really collected swords until these two. They are somwhat difficult to stored and display taking up a lot of space.
I was going to put these in that community section but did not see any place where I could add a reply. Maybe it is closed to me because of my post count. Hope I did not intrude on your thread. Ron
Posted By: WWII Re: My display cases - 08/12/2012 08:30 PM
Ron,

There was a problem, I think it's fixed now.

Bill
Posted By: all1knew Re: My display cases - 03/30/2015 11:22 PM
Bill,

You aren't still in the display case making business are you? I think I'd like another one.

William Kramer
Posted By: stratocaster3 Re: My display cases - 03/31/2015 02:56 AM
Bill is the best display case artist out there. Still need to tag him for a special piece I have.
Rick
Posted By: WWII Re: My display cases - 03/31/2015 08:55 AM
Rick,

Thanks for your kind thoughts. I'd be glad to help you gentlemen in whatever way I can, just drop me a note and let me know ... bbwarda@aol.com

Many thanks!

Bill
© Your new forums