UBB.threads
Posted By: GLL VERY RARE WW2 SHIP�S MODEL SHIP - 04/22/2011 01:19 AM
This is the original ship�s model of the famous WW2 Russian heavy cruiser � KIROV � that sat aboard the same ship during WW2. There was only one. It is slightly over 2 yards long. Very interesting history of the Kirov if you search on google. There were only 6 Russian Heavy Cruisers during WW2 with the Kirov being the most famous. Interesting that the largest Russian Naval Museum ( in St. Petersburg ) does not have an original model of any of them , only a model of the Kirov that was made in 2005. Please enjoy. All comments appreciated.

GLL
( [email protected] )

Attached picture MVC-001S.JPG

Description: #2
Attached picture MVC-002S.JPG

Description: #3
Attached picture MVC-003S.JPG

Description: #4
Attached picture MVC-004S.JPG

Description: #5
Attached picture MVC-005S.JPG
Posted By: Jim W Re: VERY RARE WW2 SHIP�S MODEL SHIP - 04/22/2011 01:59 AM
What a great find.

I love large model ships. Someone has a very understanding wife.
Posted By: GLL Re: VERY RARE WW2 SHIP�S MODEL SHIP - 04/22/2011 02:53 AM
It was a very great find indeed. The most well known of the 6 Russian heavy cruisers as it defended the Baltic Seaarea during WW2 . I brought this back from the Baltics myself back in the early 90's. I also like it but really have not decided what I will do with it yet.
Thanks for the compliment.

GLL
Posted By: Hubertus Re: VERY RARE WW2 SHIP�S MODEL SHIP - 04/28/2011 02:56 PM
Anchors away my friend. A great looking model.
Sincerely,
HUBERTUS
USS ARIKARA ATF 98
Posted By: Larry C Re: VERY RARE WW2 SHIP�S MODEL SHIP - 05/09/2011 02:00 AM
That is an intense model with a beautiful weathering job applied to it. Very nice!! keep it high away from small fingers. This one is a beauty. best Larry
Posted By: GLL Re: VERY RARE WW2 SHIP�S MODEL SHIP - 05/09/2011 02:31 AM
Thanks Guys ,

It is a great original WW2 period model .

Glenn
Posted By: lugermac Re: VERY RARE WW2 SHIP�S MODEL SHIP - 06/21/2011 10:21 PM
I am interested to know , who built it, when was it built, what are the materials used in its construction and how did you obtain such a fantastic scale model? Lugermac
© Your new forums