UBB.threads
Posted By: Roger Jeandell aka Is This Patina... or WHAT! - 07/14/2008 05:51 PM
Hello All, just got this one in from "North of the Border" [Paul@Lakesidetrader] and thought I would share. I have over 35 daggers but none of them exibit the intensity of this patina! Eek Hope you like it as much as I do! Smile If you have any examples in this condition, please share them with us! Regards, Leipzig

Attached picture Krusius_002.jpg
Posted By: Roger Jeandell aka Re: Is This Patina... or WHAT! - 07/14/2008 05:54 PM
pic-2

Attached picture Krusius_005.jpg
Posted By: Roger Jeandell aka Re: Is This Patina... or WHAT! - 07/14/2008 05:56 PM
pic-3

Attached picture Krusius_003.jpg
Posted By: Roger Jeandell aka Re: Is This Patina... or WHAT! - 07/14/2008 05:58 PM
pic-4

Attached picture Krusius_004.jpg
Posted By: Roger Jeandell aka Re: Is This Patina... or WHAT! - 07/14/2008 06:01 PM
pic-5

Attached picture Krusius_006.jpg
Posted By: Roger Jeandell aka Re: Is This Patina... or WHAT! - 07/14/2008 06:03 PM
pic-6

Attached picture Krusius_007.jpg
Posted By: Roger Jeandell aka Re: Is This Patina... or WHAT! - 07/14/2008 06:06 PM
pic-7

Attached picture Krusius_013.jpg
Posted By: Roger Jeandell aka Re: Is This Patina... or WHAT! - 07/14/2008 06:10 PM
Who is the maker of this beauty?

Attached picture Krusius_012.jpg
Posted By: Roger Jeandell aka Re: Is This Patina... or WHAT! - 07/14/2008 06:13 PM
Bet you're wondering what the blade looks like? Here you go!

Attached picture Krusius_010.jpg
Posted By: OKCmike Re: Is This Patina... or WHAT! - 07/15/2008 02:10 AM
Yeal, you got patina all right! Really like'em like that. You couldn't ask for a better x-guard to grip fit and the blade must fit the scab. just as close to be as well protected as as it has. Good score, congrats.
Posted By: Jerry Re: Is This Patina... or WHAT! - 07/15/2008 11:32 AM
Yes, I just love that beautiful patina you have there! Can you believe it.. when I first started collecting, the first thing I did was clean things up and get rid of this "ugly" aging! Oh Well, we all learn.
Posted By: Serge (aka Wagner) Re: Is This Patina... or WHAT! - 07/16/2008 02:39 AM
Patina? Why yes.

Posted By: Dean Perdue Re: Is This Patina... or WHAT! - 07/16/2008 03:40 AM
I'm lovin it.
Posted By: Serge (aka Wagner) Re: Is This Patina... or WHAT! - 07/16/2008 05:48 AM
"Vet Fresh" talk about untouched... Razz

Posted By: Serge (aka Wagner) Re: Is This Patina... or WHAT! - 07/16/2008 05:51 AM
This one was so black that I first thought it was blued. Nope, just patina guys.

Posted By: patrice Re: Is This Patina... or WHAT! - 07/16/2008 11:28 AM
Very nice Serge ! Eek
I'm surprised that your DLV flyer's knife isn't sitting in Johnny's collection yet. Wink
Posted By: Roger Jeandell aka Re: Is This Patina... or WHAT! - 07/16/2008 06:01 PM
Thanks, OKC Mike and Jerry! Smile Serge, thanks for posting your examples. Patina to the "max"! Eek Most guys consider patina "to die for"!
Pat, mon amie, no comment on my S/A that started the thread? Confused Regards, Leipzig
Posted By: Serge (aka Wagner) Re: Is This Patina... or WHAT! - 07/16/2008 06:04 PM
Thanks Pat. Smile

Johnny's had a "wire" attached to the DLV for a while now. Wink

To me there is this allure about a Vet dagger that was just thrown in a foot-locker with other Nazi "junk" at the end of the war only to emerge into the light of day 60 years later.

But don't get me wrong...I love mint stuff too! Big Grin

-serge-
Posted By: patrice Re: Is This Patina... or WHAT! - 07/16/2008 06:25 PM
Leipzig,

No disrespect intended but my thread was mostly humoristic in nature Wink and not so much based on the daggers itself.
That said, I must say that your SA is very nice and I didn't mean any disrespect. Wink
Posted By: Roger Jeandell aka Re: Is This Patina... or WHAT! - 07/16/2008 07:03 PM
Patrice, Thanks for your explantion and compliment on my dagger! Smile Please understand that I was'nt "fishing" for a "pat on the back", just recognition, that's all. Smile Maybe I'm too "sensative"! Big Grin Regards, Leipzig
Posted By: patrice Re: Is This Patina... or WHAT! - 07/16/2008 09:04 PM
You are not too sensitive.
We, as collectors, are very proud of our collection and it is always pleasant to get recognition for a nice piece.
I, for one, get a lot of "vibes" when I show off one of my dagger and get positive feedbacks.
Wink
The appreciation of someone's artifact is always nice, it is for me anyway. Cool
Posted By: derjager Re: Is This Patina... or WHAT! - 07/16/2008 09:26 PM
Smile Nice pieces Gents. I have not looked at my Edged collectibles for a while, best check they may be turning green. Big Grin

--dj--Joe
Posted By: Serge (aka Wagner) Re: Is This Patina... or WHAT! - 07/17/2008 05:19 AM
Roger,
Here's one that came originally from Paul H.
I had to get it back to North Amerika from Sweden. Big Grin
Paul doesn't mess with his stuff...a guys got to like that.

Two friends. Ones a Well Known Big Shot Doctor/Lawyer in the NSDAP Dr.Walter von Delius who also happens to be a winner of the Pour Le Merite in 1918 who gives his friend this dagger in memory of 9th Nov 1934. Reichs Party Day. They were both there. "Triumph of the Will" was filming that same day and night. Eek
The blade is signed with "Heil Hitler - Dr. von Delius.
You can almost feel "The Rush".

This SA dagger was denazified and terribly neglected. But it's items like this that make the history come alive...for me at least. Just love it.
Thanks Paul and Hakan. Smile

Regards,
-serge-

Posted By: Serge (aka Wagner) Re: Is This Patina... or WHAT! - 07/17/2008 05:23 AM
Posted By: Serge (aka Wagner) Re: Is This Patina... or WHAT! - 07/17/2008 05:28 AM
And A big thanks to Tom Wittmann who did the research. Wink

Posted By: Roger Jeandell aka Re: Is This Patina... or WHAT! - 07/17/2008 09:24 PM
Thanks, derjager!
Serge, that's a real piece of history! Eek Thanks for posting! Regards, Leipzig
Posted By: JohnZ Re: Is This Patina... or WHAT! - 07/17/2008 10:25 PM
Serge:

I know that SA very well. I found it in a small military shop in Budapest about 4 years ago. It was in bad shape and I decided it didn't fit with what I am trying to collect, so I sold it to Paul (at a loss, of course Big Grin).

I am glad that it found a home and is loved for what it represents, not its appearance.

I have almost mastered the art of the dealer, only I am a little unclear on the objective: I buy high and sell low Eek Eek

John
Posted By: Serge (aka Wagner) Re: Is This Patina... or WHAT! - 07/17/2008 11:59 PM
Your welcome Roger.

John!
So it was you who dug this relic out of the woodwork in Budapest. Eek
Well I have to thank you too. I do appreciate what it represents.
it's not often that you find an presentation dagger from a heavy duty Nazi who was also a Pour Le Merite winner and who also had a famous son Ernst von Delius who was a the team mate of Rosemeyer the most famous of German race car drivers. Both driving for Auto Union (Audi). Both dying one year apart on the race track.

http://forix.autosport.com/8w/au-sa37.html

Being a bit of a historian I really admire a piece like this. The denazification and the neglect just adds to the story in this unique time in history and the persons and regime.
Walter von Delius died in a U.S. POW camp in 1945.
This dagger found the right home. Thanks for finding her John.
Nice to be able to share these things with you guys. Afterall...you understand. Wink

-serge-
Posted By: Johnny V. Re: Is This Patina... or WHAT! - 07/18/2008 02:35 AM
Pat - No that DLV is not in my hands yet but... Cool

Serge, Thanks for letting me attach "wires" to your fine items. While I'm at it I would like to attach one to that nice dedicated SA you've got there. Hmmm I think I may have more wires for you. Before too long you will know me as "the Clable Guy!"
Oh and Pat, I just need to run a few wires into your collecting room as well.
HA!!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Posted By: slayer Re: Is This Patina... or WHAT! - 07/18/2008 05:31 AM
Roger, nice piece my SS has abit of patina on it too.

It originally came from Paul@Lakesider.

Attached picture ss_4496_new.jpg
Posted By: Serge (aka Wagner) Re: Is This Patina... or WHAT! - 07/18/2008 12:05 PM
Slayer,
Very nice. Eek
By that low number it has to be an early SS member. Have you had the number reseached?

-serge-
Posted By: Roger Jeandell aka Re: Is This Patina... or WHAT! - 07/18/2008 02:10 PM
Thanks, Slayer! Smile Great patina on your S/S as well. Was wondering the same thing as Serge asked above? Regards, Leipzig
Posted By: slayer Re: Is This Patina... or WHAT! - 07/22/2008 01:32 AM
Thanks Serge and Roger, didn't mean to jump in on your thread.
Here's a link to my dagger it's been fully researched,
http://daggers.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/728099473/...920074263#6920074263
Posted By: Serge (aka Wagner) Re: Is This Patina... or WHAT! - 07/25/2008 11:56 AM
WOW! Great dagger with wonderful patina Slayer. Eek

Also being a SS with early low number and researched makes this a very special "Patina dagger". -Congrats! Wink

-serge-
© Your new forums