UBB.threads
Posted By: Gaspare SS dug Buckle for review - 12/01/2018 06:49 AM
guys,, the dug pieces I was there at when they came up from the ground I'm sure on. This was a gift from someone back in the 90s,,,what do you buckle guys think?

Attached picture DSCN3671.JPG
Attached picture DSCN3667.JPG
Attached picture DSCN3673.JPG
Posted By: Gaspare Re: SS dug Buckle for review - 12/06/2018 06:49 AM
does anyone see anything weird with this? I am not a buckle guy and had a few of these and not all were from my wifes family members..

Other than being a rusty hunk smile does anyone see anything strange with it or it a good piece?,, much thanks..,G.
Posted By: Vern Re: SS dug Buckle for review - 12/06/2018 12:36 PM
Hard to say. None of the details that I use to identify a good buckle are visible.
Posted By: Gaspare Re: SS dug Buckle for review - 12/06/2018 05:36 PM
-
yes,, thats the problem! IF it was from one of the family I wouldn't ask,,but I'm pretty sure this was a gift.. I'm making a ground dug display from my wife's cousins stuff from over the years they were diggers [1991 to 2000 ].. I have about 20 really cool pieces but no buckles,,this would be great if good..

The early fakes were a bit small and a belt won't fit thru!! I don't have any belts left.. Can anyone maybe measure theirs,,any branch, Police ,Army, Luft., HJ,,,,and see if there is a big difference!!
Posted By: Gaspare Re: SS dug Buckle for review - 12/11/2018 12:38 AM
Is there anyone here that can measure their period leather belt and let me know IF it would fit in this buckle??
Posted By: derjager Re: SS dug Buckle for review - 12/15/2018 03:57 PM
Will see if I can locate a belt and get a measurement. Surely a dedicated buckle collector will beat me to it.

--dj--Joe
Posted By: derjager Re: SS dug Buckle for review - 12/15/2018 05:31 PM
I measured 45mm. or 1-3/4".
Posted By: Jean Pierre Redeuilh Re: SS dug Buckle for review - 02/22/2019 02:15 PM
Gaspare, your buckle is alright. It "was" just a very common Overhoff. Don't worry.
Posted By: Gaspare Re: SS dug Buckle for review - 03/02/2019 01:24 AM
good to see you JP!..,

Remember in the 90s those first fakes AL and Steel SS buckles,, and officers round ones!... I was bringing back buckets of them mixed,,some real, some fake pretty fresh from the field.. those bastards were 'seeding; the buckets and all by the time I was touching them,,,, - 2 people down from the finders! Crazy.. Thanks you for helping all of us back then!, Gaspare
© Your new forums