UBB.threads
Posted By: eric seat Brass KM buckle early one or fake? - 04/23/2007 12:56 PM
Anyone seen a navy buckle like this?Has a gold paint that a lot is worn off.

Attached picture MVC-193S.JPG
Posted By: eric seat Re: Brass KM buckle early one or fake? - 04/23/2007 12:57 PM
back

Attached picture MVC-194S.JPG
Eric, I don't believe this buckle is period authentic. At the vary least the buckle lug has been replaced. I don't like the look of the Eagle or the swastica.The eagle looks like Woody the woodpekker. I can't see the ends of the prongs but this thing dosen't look right to me. Jerry Burney
Posted By: eric seat Re: Brass KM buckle early one or fake? - 04/23/2007 06:08 PM
Thanks Jerry,I thought the eagles head looked strange,you would think they could make a closer copy than this if they were trying to copy a KM buckle.Here are the prongs.

Attached picture MVC-198S.JPG
Posted By: militarymania Re: Brass KM buckle early one or fake? - 04/23/2007 09:29 PM
Roll Eyes definitely a post ww II manufactured item,,,,
Posted By: eric seat Re: Brass KM buckle early one or fake? - 04/23/2007 10:05 PM
Thanks smart guy,thats all I needed to know.The old gunshow seller I got it from guaranteed it to be original.
Erec, Yes..The prongs are a dead giveaway. Take a look at an authentic one and you will immediately see the difference. There are a good 8 to 10 red flags on your buckle. Don't believe those guys at gun shows! Buy a good buckle book and really study it. Better luck next time! Jerry Burney
Posted By: lach470 Re: Brass KM buckle early one or fake? - 04/24/2007 02:11 AM
This is the classic "Bat" repro...where the eagle looks more like a bat than anything else.
Sorry....this is a reproduction.

Cheers!

Rob
Posted By: willie Re: Brass KM buckle early one or fake? - 04/24/2007 03:23 AM
Here is one to ponder.

Attached picture brass_navy1.JPG
Posted By: willie Re: Brass KM buckle early one or fake? - 04/24/2007 03:23 AM

Attached picture brass_navy2.JPG
Posted By: eric seat Re: Brass KM buckle early one or fake? - 04/24/2007 01:08 PM
Thanks for the info guys,I should have known better.Anyway he will get it back when I see him again,I dont think he knew anything about it.
© Your new forums