UBB.threads
Posted By: Anonymous NSFK buckle - 03/08/2006 03:31 AM
Picked up this buckle along with few others in a grab bag of goodies. I have added some postwar slides because it didn't have any. When I got it the buckle was loaded with green gunk and hardened axle grease, and the NSFK eagle was loose and about to fall off. Cleaned it all up and here it is.

Attached picture P1011155.JPG
Posted By: Pablo Re: NSFK buckle - 03/08/2006 04:28 AM
How is Icarus attached to the buckle??
Notice the strategic positioning of the Swastika.
Posted By: anonymous 123 Re: NSFK buckle - 03/08/2006 04:40 AM
Manfred:
I took it from you other post that you were kind of down on buckles and buckle collectors in general?? Roll Eyes Big Grin Big Grin
Jim
Posted By: Anonymous Re: NSFK buckle - 03/08/2006 11:21 PM
Jim: I;m not down on buckle collectors just on the extraneous chat room babble that somehow got swept into my Outlook Express.
I wonder if this Jean Pierre is the same as the moderator of this forum. I'm not at all familiar with the belt buckle crowd.

Pablo: There are two centrally located rivet holes about 5 to 6 mm apart. One of the rivets was missing and the other was loose. I reattached Icarus with JD weld epoxy. The buckle material is either nickle silver or heavily silver plated brass.
Posted By: M.V. Re: NSFK buckle - 03/10/2006 10:27 AM
I need to see the back to give an opinion and also have the buckle in his original colours...
Marc
© Your new forums