UBB.threads
Posted By: craig w.kahe2s Hitler At Home - 02/05/2023 04:33 PM
This is the title of a book written by Despina Stratigakos. I don't know if this has already been a discussion about this book; but I found it to be very interesting and would recommend it to everyone in this hobby. Gerdy Troost is discussed throughout it and her various jobs as Hitler's interior decorator. and her relationship with him working on the various award documents such as the Knights Cross and other high awards. She mentions the silver photo frames that he ordered by the hundreds. as she died in 2003 and all her papers were donated to the Bavarian State Library to be sealed for 15 years. They are now available to be seen and a book written about her. I hope someone is doing this and I would like them to hurry up as I am not getting any younger. Maybe we have a member of this forum that could take on this project. Thanks for reading this, Craig
Posted By: sellick8302@rogers.com Re: Hitler At Home - 02/12/2023 04:12 AM
Interesting Craig would love to read cheers
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Hitler At Home - 02/13/2023 05:06 PM
Craig I have not read 'Hitler at Home' book yet... Were the photos frame shown?
Posted By: craig w.kahe2s Re: Hitler At Home - 03/02/2023 02:06 AM
Sorry I have been off the site for awhile. No they were not but there is a picture of Hitler's table setting set up at the house of G. erman art in 1938 showing his china .,glassware and silver service and the makers all chosen by Gerdy Troost. i had no idea that it was Gerdy who went to Hitler's Wolf's Lare in east Prussia in late 1944 with her German shepherd to breed with Blondie.
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Hitler At Home - 03/02/2023 05:30 AM
Craig,,, is that in the book about her being the glassware/silverware decorator at his places.??. These Hitler lovers/admirers are a weird lot,,many lived to ripe old ages too. She passed at 98!!

Attached picture TROOST.jpg
Attached picture TROOST2.jpg
Posted By: craig w.kahe2s Re: Hitler At Home - 03/04/2023 12:57 PM
Yes. she was his interior designer at his Munich apartment. and the Berghof. She worked closely with Hitler on the design of the various covers and certificates. for the more special medals. She was his interior decorator who came up with the idea of the famous oversize world globe seen in so many pictures. She was loyal to him till the end of her life and could never accept that he knew anything about the crimes committed during the Third Reich. the women as you said all seem to have had very long lives and also were never convinced, he was such a terrible person. Her papers I'm sure will make an interesting book, Notice how she dressed in white in a group of black and brown uniforms. she knew how to stand out from the crowd. Smart indeed!!
© Your new forums