UBB.threads
Posted By: patrice Third Reich Memorabilia in Bavaria - 02/21/2012 04:00 AM
While my wife and I went skiing in Austria last week, we took couple of days to travel across southern Bavaria and visit some of the TR historical buildings still standing.
In the first picture, it is simply a view of the beautiful ski resort of Saalbach, just 50 km away from Berchtesgaden, who knows, maybe Himmler and Hitler skied there ? grin

Attached picture 9.jpg
Posted By: patrice Re: Third Reich Memorabilia in Bavaria - 02/21/2012 04:08 AM
In the second picture, we stopped on Lake Tegerness for a quick lunch, this is where Rohm was captured in 1934 during the infamous "Nights of the Long Knifes".
In the third and fourth pictures, you will see the Hotel Hanselbauer were Rohm was captured. The hotel is still in business today and is situated in the town of Bad Wiesse.

Attached picture 6.jpg
Attached picture 1.jpg
Attached picture 2.jpg
Posted By: patrice Re: Third Reich Memorabilia in Bavaria - 02/21/2012 04:12 AM
Our next stop was the gorgeous town of Bad Tolz.
As you can see, the hotel we slept in that night dates back from 1600, woaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Attached picture 7.jpg
Attached picture 8.jpg
Posted By: patrice Re: Third Reich Memorabilia in Bavaria - 02/21/2012 04:15 AM
The reason why we stopped in Bad Tolz was to visit the famous SS Junkerschule still standing.

Attached picture 3.jpg
Attached picture 4.jpg
Attached picture 5.jpg
Attached picture 00077249.jpg
Posted By: Mikee Re: Third Reich Memorabilia in Bavaria - 02/21/2012 04:49 AM
Thanks for the pictures. This was Flint Kaserne, I remember it well.
Posted By: JohnZ Re: Third Reich Memorabilia in Bavaria - 02/21/2012 05:25 AM
Great pictures, Pat.

It must have been a super holiday.

John
Posted By: patrice Re: Third Reich Memorabilia in Bavaria - 02/21/2012 05:33 AM
Originally Posted By: JohnZ
Great pictures, Pat.

It must have been a super holiday.

John

Indeed John, here's a view from my bedroom window in Oberstdorf, another beautiful Bavarian ski resort south of Munich. cool

Attached picture 1.jpg
Posted By: Paul Re: Third Reich Memorabilia in Bavaria - 02/21/2012 09:41 AM
Fantastic Pat, you are a lucky guy-and richly deserved.
Did you make it to Kehlstein House?

Paul
Posted By: Pitbull63 Re: Third Reich Memorabilia in Bavaria - 02/21/2012 05:24 PM
Pat,
Absolutely stunning photo's, and everyone thinks the east coast U.S. has history...but not like this. I appreciate you sharing these with us. That for sure looks like a trip worth saving up for. For me these photo's are just amazing!!! Love that comparison shot,very well done!!!

Thank you again

Rich
Posted By: Stephane Re: Third Reich Memorabilia in Bavaria - 02/22/2012 12:54 AM
The scenery with the mountains and the architecture of the buildings are just breathtaking.
Posted By: Tim Schreiner Re: Third Reich Memorabilia in Bavaria - 02/22/2012 04:19 AM
Wonderful pictures! I love seeing the old structures, and the town shops. The former SS school is cool as well .
Posted By: lloyd Re: Third Reich Memorabilia in Bavaria - 02/22/2012 05:56 AM
FANTASTIC pics! Thanks much!
Posted By: patrice Re: Third Reich Memorabilia in Bavaria - 02/22/2012 08:40 AM

Thanks guys !
Wonderful historic trip. Thanks Pat for sharing.

Serge
Posted By: Larry C Re: Third Reich Memorabilia in Bavaria - 03/20/2012 12:16 PM
Great photos Pat and a great walk through history,, would you happen to know what the Bad Tolz school building is being used for now? Just curious? Larry
Posted By: patrice Re: Third Reich Memorabilia in Bavaria - 03/22/2012 12:11 AM
Larry,

The Bad Tolz buildings are still fully operational, I think you have the Finance Ministry and the local Police headquarters.
Posted By: patrice Re: Third Reich Memorabilia in Bavaria - 03/22/2012 01:11 AM
Here are 2 short videos that I've taken of the Bad Tolz SS Junker school.
Sorry guys but the comments are in French. wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh3MtJOZxs8&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q47udLLf2OA&feature=channel
Posted By: Mikee Re: Third Reich Memorabilia in Bavaria - 03/22/2012 04:21 AM
It has changed but such is in the name of progress, a shame really. I remember the imprints of the hob nailed boots in the concrete, the tunnels, bunkers, the swimming pool, the tank, the shinning of the autobahn, the stories of hidden treasure and of haunts. You could really feel the history walking this place.

Posted By: Larry C Re: Third Reich Memorabilia in Bavaria - 03/29/2012 09:12 PM
Great Vids Pat!! I think no matter what language the comments were in,, Just to see it,, and actually be there says alot!! thanks gain Larry
© Your new forums