UBB.threads
Posted By: Colin Davie HJ Knives with white handles - 04/20/2006 11:21 AM
I posted a pic here ages ago of 2 boys wearing HJ knives with what looked like white handles, some here disputed the existance, here is another photo with what appears to be a white handled HJ knife. Currently on ebay.
Colin

Attached picture HJknife.jpg
Posted By: Dave Re: HJ Knives with white handles - 04/20/2006 12:39 PM
Colin,

Looking at the belt buckle and knife of the one on the right, I would think that it is the reflection of the sun on both the buckle and spine of the knife.

Dave
Posted By: Colin Davie Re: HJ Knives with white handles - 04/20/2006 02:21 PM
Dave, that is a good point and very possible.
Will try post a link to the previous thread.
Bob Hirtz posted an HJ knife on here years ago with a white handle if memory serves me right, but no-one knew anything of it, and speculated about the trip to Japan, it was a boys knive, not leaders. Will try find that post.
Colin
http://daggers.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/812094...653047657#3653047657
Posted By: Anonymous Re: HJ Knives with white handles - 04/20/2006 04:25 PM
I don't know everything and alot of times I don't know nothing but I have never veteran acquired a white handled HJ nor have I ever seen one. I have seen the Brannick youth knives with white handles and stag for that matter. I have veteran acquired stag handled HJ knives, HJs with SS roundels, an HJ with acid etched runic symbols ALL FROM LOCAL, I say again LOCAL veterans in the 60's when I was 9 to 11 years old. Those listed above were given to me but for the runic one I paid $10 for (the runic one came from a guy my great uncle joined with-Unc always said he was a chicken***t & shouldn't charge a kid). Do I know it all-by no means. I think I was the one who mentioned Japan as a lark in an attempt to be funny and not intended to be taken seriously--For that I apologize. I will keep an open mind for that leads to knowledge. I have about 45 or so HJ photo albums and I will get my son to go through then looking for variations. Never thought to do so before.
Posted By: knife Re: HJ Knives with white handles - 04/26/2006 08:14 PM
I have found a....HJ....with.... white handle.
Look suspect to me , but the handle is WHITE.
Others parts are OK.

Attached picture hj-white.jpg
Posted By: knife Re: HJ Knives with white handles - 04/26/2006 08:16 PM
RZM 7/11

Attached picture hj-white1.jpg
Posted By: Ju88 Re: HJ Knives with white handles - 04/26/2006 08:40 PM
That diamond sure looks wide.

....tj
Posted By: Anonymous Re: HJ Knives with white handles - 04/27/2006 12:24 PM
I have seen these before. Are you sure the handle isn't bone? When "white" was mentioned I was thinking a white bakelite handle. Russ
© Your new forums