UBB.threads
Posted By: wtfisthis odd scabbord - 07/30/2019 05:39 PM
My father acquired this knife while visiting Germany with a Boy Scout troop sometime around 1937-1938. I've recently begun doing some research on it. I've looked at hundreds of pictures, but I've yet to find a hanger with the strap in this position. Were any made this way, or is it a user modification ? It is stamped L F S on the reverse, with the F in a oak leaf.
Thanks in advance for any info.

Attached picture hj1.jpg
Attached picture hj2.jpg
Posted By: Vern Re: odd scabbord - 07/31/2019 01:16 AM
Haven't seen one like this before and that looks like a non-factory rivet wink
Posted By: wtfisthis Re: odd scabbord - 07/31/2019 11:56 AM
Thanks for the reply Vern. I'm finding it hard to find pictures of the backside of hanger rivets, but you are correct in that it doesn't look like a factory job. All three rivets on the hanger are the same. Perhaps done by the original owner. It does seem to do a better job of holding the knife in place and appears to have been there for over 80 years !
Aside from the non-standard strap placement, it appears to be a decent condition, early model , Robert Klaas with some minor spotting. If anyone sees anything of note, please chime in.
thanks, Fred

Attached picture hj6.jpg
Attached picture hj5.jpg
Attached picture hj3.jpg
Posted By: Vern Re: odd scabbord - 07/31/2019 01:15 PM
It's a nice early knife and the strap placement would probably be more convenient to carry than the original wink
Posted By: Herman V. (aka Herr Mann) Re: odd scabbord - 07/31/2019 10:18 PM
I do encounter one like that now and than, mostly on early knifes.
But they must be modifications made by the owners: the hole for the correct snap -rivet is always there.

Best regards,

Herman

Attached picture 1.JPG
Posted By: wtfisthis Re: odd scabbord - 08/01/2019 05:58 PM
Thank you, sir, for that great information.
Best, Fred
Posted By: Seppi Re: odd scabbord - 08/13/2019 08:55 AM
Hello all ,

for my knowledge is somebody knowing the name corresponding to L F S which is stamped on the reverse of the hanger of many HJ knives ?
This mark is often more or less kept after 75 years of life.
Thanks = S+
Posted By: Seppi Re: odd scabbord - 01/13/2021 08:10 AM
Hello all ,

I reply to my own question and after some time I have the answer of the LFS logo stamped on leather part of few HJ scabbards :

LFS = Lederwerke Sedina Finkenwald .

This maker is also known as a cartridges pouches for the Army .

S+
© Your new forums