UBB.threads
Posted By: Dave HJ in Wear - 06/30/2019 12:47 PM
Here is a very interesting photo of a young man in HJ uniform.

Can anyone guess where it was taken ?

Dave

Attached picture 1.jpg
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Re: HJ in Wear - 06/30/2019 01:00 PM
Almost looks like the set of a film. USA? No idea, but once I got the thought of an American setting I could not shake it. House looks American almost. Weird!
Posted By: Dave Re: HJ in Wear - 06/30/2019 04:18 PM
Anyone notice anything peculiar about the uniform ?
Posted By: Eric26 Re: HJ in Wear - 07/01/2019 12:17 AM
American Bund New Jersey or New York ?
Posted By: Eric26 Re: HJ in Wear - 07/01/2019 12:43 AM
1920 Boy Scout Norfolk style jacket ?
Posted By: Dave Re: HJ in Wear - 07/01/2019 02:36 AM
Eric is right.

Camp Siegfried in Yaphank, long Island, NY. Owned by the German-American Bund.

What the young man is wearing, I don't know ... except it does not look like the photos of HJ uniforms I have seen here. The knife looks OK. Wonder how he got it.

Dave
Posted By: Gaspare Re: HJ in Wear - 07/01/2019 05:41 PM
that house is probably still there! Andy had a excellent photo album from the Mad. Sq. Garden event and more!

Seems like the youth had all the right regalia...

see:

https://dangerousminds.net/comments/scenes_from_camp_siegfried

A search reveals a bunch of info,photos...
Posted By: Militarynut Re: HJ in Wear - 07/07/2019 01:37 AM
hi members
yes i had a photo album from a german family training for thje 1936 olympics in germany they were from new palz new york and sorry i cant remember the camp up there in new palz new york also in in this photo album was a large photo of hitler and goring wellcoming this american bund to germany and entering in the 1936 olympics they had a patch of i believe one ligghting bolt but im sorry if i am wrong im starting to loose some of my thoughts it was a very intresting photo album real german american bund history i wish i could help more but memory is getting less and less god bless andy militarynut
© Your new forums