UBB.threads
Posted By: JohnZ NS School Knife SMF - 06/05/2019 02:23 PM
I am not sure if I had ever posted this here before.

There is always some controversy about these, HJ knives with the HJ insignia/emblem replaced by a NS School emblem. Was this period done or not, and, yes, it does wiggle.

SMF marked blade with a nice etched HJ motto.

What do you think about this?

John

Attached picture Obverse.JPG
Attached picture Reverse.JPG
Attached picture Obverse Hilt.JPG
Attached picture Reverse Hilt.JPG
Attached picture Obverse Etch.JPG
Attached picture Obverse Blade.JPG
Attached picture Obverse Grip Insignia.JPG
Attached picture TM.JPG
Posted By: ed773 Re: NS School Knife SMF - 06/05/2019 05:09 PM
John
Not sure about period or not, left to the experts, But " I WAN'T ONE" !!!
Very nice.
Ed
Posted By: Herman V. (aka Herr Mann) Re: NS School Knife SMF - 06/08/2019 01:36 PM
Hi John,

I like your early SMF blade with deep motto.

About the unusual (student bund) diamond insignia... I really don't know... but it appears in the pictures, that the smaller cut-out has been manually widened to fit in that large insignia...

Best regards,

Herman
Posted By: JohnZ Re: NS School Knife SMF - 06/09/2019 01:21 PM
I would expect that the NS insignia would be used to replace the HJ insignia and would result in some work to make it fit. As to whether this was done at the time for an NS student or later (post war), that is a good question. These models with the NS insignia are found in collections, but I have never seen one in a period catalogue.

Since this did not cost me more than an HJ knife would cost by itself, I do not see a financial reason why this would be faked.

And, I like the look and feel of this.

John
Posted By: Billy G. Re: NS School Knife SMF - 07/25/2019 01:12 PM
Nice looking item John. These are definitely contested by a lot of HJ purists but I often find myself saying "never say never". Nice looking motto, I'd want it myself if it came for the cost of an HJ knife.
© Your new forums