UBB.threads
Posted By: NathanK HJ Leaders - Good fake? - 02/11/2015 10:52 AM
Hi Folks,

i've flicked through a number of my reference books and i've not come across a blade that was marked "für verdienste um die deutsche jugend"

The box is aftermarket which the owner states, but he said he picked the dagger up on a buying trip in europe.

I'm curious to see what others think? other than the inscription, the eagle does look a bit off

thanks!

Posted By: wotan Re: HJ Leaders - Good fake? - 02/11/2015 10:09 PM
These "Verdienste..." blades are well known fakes. Up to now there is no original one known. The dagger itself has also other issues which make him a fake (eagle, leather, grip, gripwire and and...).
Regards,
Posted By: wotan Re: HJ Leaders - Good fake? - 02/11/2015 10:13 PM
BTW the etui, if it is the one I think of (would need to see the obverse), which is a postwar custom made etui, once housed an original, rare mint conditioned tagged dagger with all acoutrement (hangers and belt loop).
Regards,
Posted By: NathanK Re: HJ Leaders - Good fake? - 02/13/2015 10:35 PM
Hey Wotan, thanks. Yer i was surprised when i searched here that no one had previously posted.

As always, thanks for your input!!

-nat
Posted By: wotan Re: HJ Leaders - Good fake? - 02/14/2015 03:50 PM
I have looked through my files and yes, did find the etui, manufactured by well known Skipper Greenwade. As said, at this time it housed an "common", original HÖRSTER leader dagger with all proper accoutrement.
Has been offered by TMJRB&M in 2008 from where I have saved the pic. If there are problems concerning the pic plese delete it.
Regards,

Attached picture 25538-open%20case.jpg
Posted By: Billy G. Re: HJ Leaders - Good fake? - 02/16/2015 02:12 AM
Wotan,

I was thinking the same thing as I remember that exact postwar display case. The outside had a large HJ diamond on it's obverse. Very nicely done case from what I remember.
Posted By: Barry Brown Re: HJ Leaders - Good fake? - 02/16/2015 01:26 PM
Originally Posted By: Billy G.
Wotan,

I was thinking the same thing as I remember that exact postwar display case. The outside had a large HJ diamond on it's obverse. Very nicely done case from what I remember.

HJ logo, very cleverly rendered with wood inlays.

Attached picture 25538-case.jpg
Posted By: Billy G. Re: HJ Leaders - Good fake? - 02/16/2015 06:29 PM
That's the one Barry, nice workmanship.
Posted By: militarymania Re: HJ Leaders - Good fake? - 09/29/2015 11:50 PM
up for sale once again sans hangers at auction,,starting bid of $450.00
© Your new forums