UBB.threads
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) First post to this forum - 12/27/2014 11:15 PM
Hello all, I'm a newer member, and not so much aware of the edged weapons...but I happened across one today and I'd love some opinions... As I understand it was "repurposed" as a hunting knife by a fellow up here in deer country... Thanks in advance for any input, gentlemen, I really appreciate it! (Also in case the editor doesn't show the sharp pics, it says rzm 7/51 1936 on one side, and blut und ehre! On the other) scabbard has a metal snap catch, and obviously the grips are redone in wood.

Attached picture image.jpg
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Re: First post to this forum - 12/27/2014 11:31 PM
Sorry, rzm m 7/51
Posted By: janjan Re: First post to this forum - 12/28/2014 11:42 AM
Welcome on this forum there are many here who can help you with this HJ knive.
It is a nice salty original but a shame the gripplates are replaced

Regards
Jan
Posted By: Herman V. (aka Herr Mann) Re: First post to this forum - 12/28/2014 11:43 AM
Welcome to the forum!

I would like to see the blade markings. But if they confirm, than what you show is a Anton Wingen Jr HJ knife, reworked into another tool. When that was done is difficult to say.
The blade has been retipped and the gripplates and insignum removed and replaced by ordinary wood.
The scabbard appears to be a replacement, so not original to the knife. Better pictures are needed in order to confirm that it is a period one.
So all in all, there is very little value left in this piece and it is not really a collectible in my opinion.

Best regards,

Herman
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Re: First post to this forum - 12/28/2014 04:19 PM
Thank you both very much for the input! i will try to send some more pics when I get a chance of the markings... I got it in a trade as a nice hunting knife, believe it or not- so I'm really happy to have it as my first edged weapon, and won't lose any sleep over it if anything happens to it...really like the blade though, it's really a cool design! Thanks again gentlemen, happy new year!
Mike
Posted By: lakesidetrader Re: First post to this forum - 12/29/2014 02:15 AM
Thanks for sharing, this one has a history of it's own!
grin
Posted By: bartman Re: First post to this forum - 05/11/2016 04:46 PM
iv had 1 are 2 like this over the years the hj boys just wanted to stand out from his mates
© Your new forums