UBB.threads
Posted By: wschmidt HJ Opinion? Made in Germany in leather - 04/28/2014 05:41 PM
Hello People,
One friend send to me pictures of this blade. I think that is a fake, but I need of more opinion to show to him...
Best Regards,
Schmidt

Posted By: wschmidt Re: HJ Opinion? Made in Germany in leather - 04/28/2014 05:42 PM

Posted By: Newton Re: HJ Opinion? Made in Germany in leather - 04/28/2014 06:34 PM
Scabbard is REPRO and I don't like the look of the knife either, tell your friend
to save his money
Newton
The dagger is a complete repro and an easy one to recognize: just put it next to any original one.

Best regards,

Herman
Posted By: Larry C Re: HJ Opinion? Made in Germany in leather - 04/30/2014 11:36 AM
"Made in Germany stampings is the first red flag..to be taken into consideration as the rest of the detail will follow..supporting the stamping.
Hermann is correct..the best judge is comparison next an original. Check out some of the threads here..on this forum. Photos speak more! Regards Larry
Posted By: Vassago HJ Opinion? Made in Germany in leather - 10/21/2014 11:27 AM
The scabbard is clearly a reproduction, these pieces let the soil, patience is the best ally for the collector, patience and a lot of research, a cordial greeting.
Posted By: Mauser Re: HJ Opinion? Made in Germany in leather - 11/01/2014 04:49 PM
Clearly a fake dagger, scabbard has no rivet and has a lip, two things you always see on cheap fake ones. And the made in Germany thing always make me laugh, imagine a member of the hitler youth not knowing that he is born and raised in Germany laugh Tell your friend to save his money for the real deal wink
Posted By: BAMA Re: HJ Opinion? Made in Germany in leather - 12/10/2014 03:32 PM
Although the knife above is an obvious fake I still believe in the possibility of HJ knifes being marked that way for sale to German youth in the US and other countries before the war.
© Your new forums