UBB.threads
Hello colleagues, I have seen this knife with RZM marking "M7/27"corresponding to the manufacture of "Pumawerk (Lauterjung & Sohn), Solingen." and I've noticed that no piece of leather at the base of the leaf, my question would be if the manufacturer did not put that piece of leather at the base of its leaves or is he really existed without that piece Knives HJ leather ... Is this possible? ... Could also be that they have been lost ...

What opinion deserves this knife I HJ?

If you click on these images are scaled up, thanks for your comments!!
Nice pics, I think all HJ knives had leather buffer pads. If not there it must have been lost.
Ian Hayes thank you very much for your reply, I really appreciate it, then what do you see the original HJ knife era?
I think this knife was made in 1939. It looks in original used condition, with no red flags that I can see. I am not a expert but this is a fairly common knife. I have 2 earlier ones.
Ian Hayes thank you very much, thank you for your comment!! smile
Vassago,

You have an orginal HJ by Puma, manufactured in 1939. The blade buffer was always present, but easily got lost on certain knifes.

Here is the double marked 1939 version (see picture).

Best greetings,

Herman

Attached picture A1.jpg

Herman thank you very much for your reply, the knife is not mine but I have seen for sale but before you decide anything always prefer to hear your advice and make sure that the HJ knife was 100% original ...

Herman Bone "it is possible that this knife had the seal manufacturer" Puma "in the back of the sheet and would have lost time?

Or Knives HJ, 1939 was without that stamp on the back of the blade?
Vassago,

I believe that the Puma "cat head" mark was reapplied somewhere in 1939; 1938 knifes without the "cat head" also exist. So the knife you show never had the logo, only the RZM mark, in my opinion.

Best greetings,

Herman

Herman Thanks again for your response, but the HJ knife to show you is the year 1939 and its leaf does not contain the label "cat head" .... I imagine that even in 1939 and not bearing the seal of manufacturer "cat head" on his resume that show the HJ knife must be original ... confused
© Your new forums