UBB.threads
Posted By: wqdqwd Army dagger identification number - 01/07/2023 01:10 PM
Hi guys, probably an easy question... I was wondering why army daggers don't have a serial or identification number or markings like bayonets and SS daggers (correct me if I'm wrong)?

Is it because they had to be purchased by the officers self? Or what the thought behind it?

Also something else I was wondering, should the blades of army daggers be magnetic?
Posted By: wotan Re: Army dagger identification number - 01/07/2023 02:42 PM
Hello wqdqwd, in early times there WERE army daggers wi numbers eg HÖRSTER did it. Also Gov. and Diplo daggers had numbers (assumable till the end). These are all hidden and I think have been an information for the producer. TN daggers and hewers had numbers which could be seen and assumable have been in a list (we never have seen up to now). An SS dagger only have numbers when the wearer did decide to mark it. So there is a lot of different aspects (I only listed some of them) concerning edged weapons and numbers.

Yes, without any doubt a blade of ANY III Reich dagger, therefore also army daggers, should be magnetic.

Regards,
Posted By: Dave Re: Army dagger identification number - 01/07/2023 03:23 PM
wqdqwd,

Are you asking about:

1. A factory or organization applied serial number for the dagger itself ?
or
2. A later application of the Service Number of the man who owned it ?
or
3. A later application of a stock number to a weapon owned by a depot or organization ?

Dave
Posted By: wqdqwd Re: Army dagger identification number - 01/07/2023 04:02 PM
Thanks guys.

Any of them Dave, trying to learn more about Army daggers so all info is very much welcome smile
© Your new forums