UBB.threads
Posted By: Bcrunk Concerns on this 2nd Model Luft. - 04/16/2021 02:28 PM
I believe this second model luft to be real, but have some concerns. Mainly that either the tang or the pommel is stripped. When it sits on the hilt, the ball is "sideways" and you can see a gap. I'm hoping this is just wear from age and use and not just a cheap fake. Pictures attached for your viewing.

If it is real, what is the value with that bent and stripped tang?

And where would I go about selling it?

Thanks for any input.

Attached picture 20210416_092532.jpg
Attached picture 20210416_092629.jpg
Attached picture 20210416_092640.jpg
Attached picture 20210416_092652.jpg
Posted By: wotan Re: Concerns on this 2nd Model Luft. - 04/18/2021 03:16 PM
Hello Bcrunk, from the overall finish I would tend to think that the grip parts and the scabbard do belong together. But I have concerns in regard of the blade. Also the two leather washers are a spurious sign and let me think that the fitting grip/blade had to be improved after postwar alteration (perhaps blade replacement).
As the pommel is of lightweight material so the thread within the pommel sometimes might get loose (stripped) but never the thread on the tang because it is the much more harder material.
I hate to sell daggers divided into parts (which is also a possibility) so I would try to sell the whole dagger with a hint to it´s shortcomings, price accordingly.
Regards.
Posted By: Bcrunk Re: Concerns on this 2nd Model Luft. - 04/19/2021 06:36 PM
Thanks Wotan. Anyplace you know of I could sell it?
Posted By: wotan Re: Concerns on this 2nd Model Luft. - 04/21/2021 04:49 PM
Hello Bcrunk, I would try it her in the "for sale forum" after having made paid membership (contact Vern). In this case you can also point to this thread.
Best regards,
© Your new forums