UBB.threads
I knew this was a replica going into the purchase, but the only information the vendor had was that it was made in germany in the 1960s. Can anyone verify the true country of origin of this dagger and the correct time period? Thanks
Images can be found at [img]https://imgur.com/a/7mv0fn6[/img]
Logan,

Welcome to GDC. You'll find all kinds of help and information here.

We ask that Members post the pictures on the site rather than links. That way they don't disappear.

What you have is, I think, a fantasy crossguard and pommel, a German navy grip and blade; and a Luftwaffe scabbard, all buffed. Whether the grip, blade and scabbard are real I'm not sure.

Dave
Admin
Thank you for the quick reply! How do I go about not exceeding the limit for pictures, as most of my photos are above the 171 kb size limit. Is there something I am missing or an alternative method to upload a slightly larger sized photo? Thanks
Hello Logan, first let me also welcome you to the forum.
I am no pc freak but I did use the snipping tool and - voila there was a pic below the maximum size.

Concerning the dagger: It is a phantasy hybride out of several daggers. The scabbard is fake one from a 2nd Luft dagger. The blade (there are no pics from the whole blade and only one side) might be a fake etched blade for a 2nd Luft or an Army dagger, with a HOERSTER mark. The other partd of the dagger seem to be taken from any foreign(?) daggers I do not know.
The combination might have been done in postwar Germany due to the stamp on the blade.

Not the least correlation with an original navy dagger of the german Kriegsmarine.

Regards,

Attached picture 2FkIv1rA.jpg
Attached picture BgeUGDlA.jpg
Attached picture m8Zg52QA.jpg
Attached picture Mpvr6DHA.jpg
Attached picture NmrWuCTA.jpg
Attached picture r3zO64aA.jpg
Attached picture RWxazd9A.jpg
Thank you for the input and clarification!
© Your new forums