UBB.threads
Posted By: Cotoroanta Kriegsmarine dagger - 11/10/2019 01:21 PM
Hello with respect...is this items authentic ???

Attached picture c1.jpg
Attached picture c2.jpg
Attached picture c3.jpg
Attached picture c4.jpg
Attached picture c5.jpg
Posted By: Vern Re: Kriegsmarine dagger - 11/10/2019 04:25 PM
Both appear to be post war copies.
Posted By: seany Re: Kriegsmarine dagger - 11/10/2019 10:13 PM
I agree post war made
Posted By: wotan Re: Kriegsmarine dagger - 11/12/2019 07:22 PM
Hello, cannot agree even more, both are very bad fakes.
Regards,
Posted By: Italy Re: Kriegsmarine dagger - 12/05/2019 11:51 PM
What do you see in these two that alert you to being fake?
Posted By: wotan Re: Kriegsmarine dagger - 12/07/2019 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by Italy

Hello Italy, after your first posting let me welcome you in this forum. When you look through the forum and study postings about navy daggers and perhaps do own (or obtain) some reference books, you will see the big differences in ALL details. Mostly the odd scabbards with crazy cabbard bands, the markings on the blade which do look to me like the horrible "Fuehrerfabrik Krupp" mark (there is a thread elswhere in the forum), the blades and the grips, nothing conforms to any period made navy dagger. Even the details on crossguard and pommel do not conform. These are total fake which do resemble original, period daggers only in the outer shape. Collectors would be glad if each fake could be detected in such an easy way.
Regards,
Posted By: Oleg67 Re: Kriegsmarine dagger - 12/09/2019 10:22 AM
Hi Italy.
If all the copies would be of such quality, then the collectors would not have a reason to worry.
Best,
Oleg.
Posted By: Vassago Re: Kriegsmarine dagger - 03/03/2020 09:34 AM

Hello Italy, after your first posting let me welcome you in this forum. When you look through the forum and study postings about navy daggers and perhaps do own (or obtain) some reference books, you will see the big differences in ALL details. Mostly the odd scabbards with crazy cabbard bands, the markings on the blade which do look to me like the horrible "Fuehrerfabrik Krupp" mark (there is a thread elswhere in the forum), the blades and the grips, nothing conforms to any period made navy dagger. Even the details on crossguard and pommel do not conform. These are total fake which do resemble original, period daggers only in the outer shape. Collectors would be glad if each fake could be detected in such an easy way.
Regards,

Hi Wotan, where is that thread? Please put the link, I would be very interested in reading it.
Posted By: wotan Re: Kriegsmarine dagger - 03/06/2020 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by Vassago
...the markings on the blade which do look to me like the horrible "Fuehrerfabrik Krupp" mark (there is a thread elswhere in the forum), ....

Hi Wotan, where is that thread? Please put the link, I would be very interested in reading it.

Hello Vassago, look here
http://phpstack-500133-1583587.cloudwaysapps.com/~germand2/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/23648/gonew/1/fuhrer-fabrik-krupp-1943.html#UNREAD
or do a search per search function in the forum, there are several threads I think to remember.
Regards,
© Your new forums