UBB.threads
Posted By: Gottlieb WH Regimental dagger - 08/29/2018 08:16 PM
Hi Guys I need Your opinion on this one.

Attached picture 22.jpg
Attached picture 33.jpg
Attached picture 44.jpg
Attached picture 55.jpg
Attached picture 66.jpg
Posted By: AndyBurton Re: WH Regimental dagger - 08/29/2018 10:45 PM
Hi,
I am not an expert but can give my impressions for what they're worth: The crossguard looks to be Eickhorn final pattern type 4, the pommel looks odd either a copy or refinished generic, the ferrule looks like an out and out made up one, the grip has an odd texture to it and looks doubtful to me, the scabbard looks like a total copy and the blade looks like an original blade but given the rest of this item the dedication is probably added post war. As I said I'm no expert but learning all the time and this looks put together parts period and post war to my eyes, however there are collectors here who will and do know far more than I so wait for their responses. Also quite difficult to be precise with the quality of the photos.
Regards, Andy.
Posted By: Dave Re: WH Regimental dagger - 08/30/2018 01:20 PM
I agree

Dave
Posted By: Dave1104 Re: WH Regimental dagger - 09/01/2018 12:49 PM
Not even sure of the unit designation. A quick look through my references doesn't show a Gebirgsjager Artillerie Regiment 117. Unless that's actually a "111", in which case that unit was with the 2nd GBJ Division. The photos aren't clear enough to tell. Too many of the rest of the parts look like copies. I'd pass.
Posted By: Trigger Re: WH Regimental dagger - 09/04/2018 07:01 PM
The unit is supposedly Geb.j?ger Art Rgt 112, which ended the war not far from where I reside in Norway..
However this dagger (or its evil twin) has been around a good 10 years at least, I remember seeing it on a dealers site then, and it was no good at that time too.
© Your new forums