[Linked Image]
Posted By: Oleg67 Re: Kriegsmarine Dagger - 03/19/2018 06:50 PM
Hi Tony,
that?s a well known fake.
Best,
Oleg.
Posted By: wotan Re: Kriegsmarine Dagger - 03/19/2018 07:48 PM
As Oleg67 has already written: Fake.
With period EICKHORN navies you striktly have to stay at stamped makermarks. That is only one point. There are a lot of other fake features but this is perhaps the most prominent one.
Regards,
Posted By: palante125 Re: Kriegsmarine Dagger - 03/20/2018 05:58 PM

I appreciate your time and your knowledge.
Toni
Posted By: Devil's Metal Re: Kriegsmarine Dagger - 03/23/2018 12:43 AM
Does anyone know why did CE only stamp the marine but only etched the army and the Luftwaffe ?
Posted By: Devil's Metal Re: Kriegsmarine Dagger - 03/23/2018 12:45 AM
Does anyone know why did CE only stamped the marine but exclusively etched the army and the Luftwaffe ? I passed on a very nice army stamped CE as Wittman posted in video that CE did not stamp army and Luftwaffe.
Posted By: Redbaron Re: Kriegsmarine Dagger - 03/23/2018 05:30 AM
CE did stamp Heer daggers, the 2 last trademarks were stamped, the small CE logo and the late "over the shoulder" logos were stamped, both are more scare than the etched logos by CE...

Red
Posted By: Devil's Metal Re: Kriegsmarine Dagger - 03/23/2018 11:40 AM
Well according to him and in respect to army, Luftwaffe and naval. I have attached the you tube link of Mr. Wittman describing that at about 1:20 mark towards end and that is why I did not buy an army dagger with CE stamp. Did I understand his opinion incorrectly ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKhO9Wo2jbM
Posted By: wotan Re: Kriegsmarine Dagger - 03/23/2018 04:55 PM
Hello D.M., there is much confusion in this yt film. First TTW states that F.W.H?LLER did not produce 2nd luft or armies after the war and therefore the collectors do not have to be thoughtful at these.
This is only the half truth as postwar 2nd lufts and armies with the (etched) F.W.H?LLER trademark are well known and differ only in the firm?s location SOLINGEN (pre may 45)/BERLIN(postwar) within the trademark.

Concerning the stamped EICKHORN trademark: I think TTW is referring only to the BIG mark "squirrel with sword" which is only etched on armies and 2nd lufts (but stamped on eg. forest and DJaegerschaft).
OR he has simply forgotten the SMALL "squirrel with sword" mark and the "squirrel looking over the shoulder" which both exist stamped on armies and 2nd lufts - as Redbaron has already stated.

To complete the confusion, the "squirrel looking over the shoulder" might be stamped both ways (head to the pommel OR head to the blade tip) and this certain mark does ALSO occur etched (on NPEA daggers).

Regards,
Posted By: Devil's Metal Re: Kriegsmarine Dagger - 03/23/2018 09:30 PM
This is the one I passed on based on his expertise and not to buy a stamped army dagger. i appreciate your further thoughts on this but, now I am very confused as to trying to establish what to look for even further. Seems I guess we all read and learn what we can but in the end make your own conclusion and appears a poker game in some manner. The one I had passed on also had all the hangers etc and was in excellent condition so now I will go pout.

Attached picture theone.JPG
© Your new forums