UBB.threads
Posted By: AndyBurton Heer by Tiger, Opinions please. - 08/23/2017 01:17 PM
Hi, I am new to this forum and fairly new to this field of collecting. I recently acquired this Heer Dagger by Tiger but have some concerns about it. I would very much appreciate any input from you guys as my knowledge and experience is limited but learning all the time. I am posting pics and hope they are clear enough, though for some reason I can't seem to get decent shots of the entire Dagger? My main concern is deviation/deformation of the grip swirls, seems hard to believe this could pass through whatever quality control was in existence at Tiger or is the grip a fake married to the dagger? It does have some cracks top and bottom that look old and the colour is much lighter to the reverse from exposure to light etc as is common on a lot of Heer grips. I can't make up my mind about it and I can't find any pics or reference to this kind of fault in a grip anywhere.
Thanks, Andy. [img:left][/img] [img:right][/img] [img:left][/img] [img:right][/img] [img:left][/img] [img:right][/img]
Posted By: AndyBurton Re: Heer by Tiger, Opinions please. - 08/23/2017 01:41 PM
More pics. [img:left][/img] [img:right][/img] [img:left][/img] [img:right][/img] [img:left][/img] [img:right][/img] [img:right][/img] [img:right][/img]
Hope these pics are okay?
Posted By: Russ1 Re: Heer by Tiger, Opinions please. - 08/23/2017 02:54 PM
That's the first time I've seen a grip like that, looks like its suffered some kind of meltdown, see what the more experienced guys say but its not one I would have in my collection.

Best Russ.
Posted By: Patrick69 Re: Heer by Tiger, Opinions please. - 08/23/2017 05:05 PM
Perhaps the grip has a molding flaw? anything is possible....the cracks in the grip appear to show age (darkening). The rest of the dagger is a beauty. Super nice, good score I think.

Patrick
Posted By: Kevin (heers68) Re: Heer by Tiger, Opinions please. - 08/23/2017 10:43 PM
Andy, I don't have a problem with this grip.. I have seen variations in the molding and segment thickness before. Looks to be a correct mid period Tiger Heer. Enjoy! Best, Kevin.
Posted By: AndyBurton Re: Heer by Tiger, Opinions please. - 08/24/2017 12:17 AM
Hi, Thanks for the replies and Kevin your post particularly has put my mind at ease, I personally like the Dagger and the grip is unusual if nothing else I was really bothered that the grip was maybe repro but the discolouration front to back and age to cracks looked right and the fit is perfect too. So thanks again for the reassurance.
All the Best, Andy.
Posted By: Fitzer Re: Heer by Tiger, Opinions please. - 08/29/2017 11:35 AM
I like it...looks like an early to mid period piece with generic B fittings
© Your new forums