UBB.threads
Posted By: Blondin This dagger herr reviews - 04/11/2017 08:57 AM
Hello j\' would like to have your opinion on this dagger that I find questionable

Attached picture IMG_1068.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1069.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1070.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1071.JPG
Posted By: wotan Re: This dagger herr reviews - 04/11/2017 12:01 PM
Hello Blondin, in general the pics are few and not detailed for me to judge all parts of this dagger (what is the golden hue on the eagle´s left wing? Is it only in the photos?) but at least the trademark seems to be NO legit mark used during 33-45. It obviously should resemble the late EICKHORN trademark but has (big) differences.
Regards,
Posted By: JohnZ Re: This dagger herr reviews - 04/11/2017 03:17 PM
I agree with Wotan.. not a trademark that I recognize nor like on this.

That alone would keep me from buying it.

John
Posted By: Blondin Re: This dagger herr reviews - 04/11/2017 05:26 PM
good evening
Thank you for your view that I share.
The yellow is due I think to light d\' a lamp.
This dagger is on sale as true for 700€, and I try to prove what is wrong.
Sorry for my very bad English.

Attached picture IMG_1481.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1482.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1483.JPG
Posted By: wotan Re: This dagger herr reviews - 04/15/2017 02:50 PM
From these small and not detailed pics it is hard for me to do any judgement. But the dagger parts (except the blade) seem to be late generic parts. The grip could be of "milkstone" but I am not sure.
Regards,
Posted By: Blondin Re: This dagger herr reviews - 04/16/2017 05:29 PM
Hello Thank you for this analysis, the person to finally understand that this piece was very questionable.
Posted By: Kevin (heers68) Re: This dagger herr reviews - 04/25/2017 02:57 AM
HHMMM.... not a combination I like but could it be a possible very late combination? Pack resorted to using these type A generics late, could Eickhorn have done the same?? Maker mark is strange indeed.. hard to tell unless I could see it in hand and even then there would be no guarantees! Kevin.
Posted By: JohnZ Re: This dagger herr reviews - 04/25/2017 03:13 PM
Now, I have seen a late war version of the Eick TM without the writing (with squirrel only) on a Kriegsmarine dagger.

Here it is. Note that the squirrel shape is different (the ears in particular) and the orientation of the head to crossguard is wrong.

John

Attached picture TM 42 Squirrel Only.JPG
© Your new forums