UBB.threads
Hello colleagues, I just purchased a Luftwaffe Dagger with "Clemen & Jung, Solingen" with the blade engraved with acid, I would like you to give me your opinion about this Daga and if you can translate what I put in German in your sheet since I can not understand those characters in German, I tried to get the best images with sunlight, all the quality my camera could, I hope it's enough, I wait for your comments. What do you think of this dagger? What do you put on your sheet? Thanks in advance.

More images of the dagger:

Nope... not for me.

John
Is not it original? frown
It seems that in his sheet he says: "Für langjährige treue dienste der generalstab." That comes to be translated: "For the many years faithful to the services of the General Staff".
It's a well known reproduction. I hope you can send the dagger back and get back your money.

Regards
Danny
Apparently it's a MARTO reproduction from the 70's here, from Spain, it's so good that it confused me like a newbie, I did not know this example of the "Clemen and Jung, Solingen" production produced by MARTO, now, with Much disappointment.
Hello,
Yes not good. Unless the grip has been swapped out you should see a fine line at the seam even.dont feel bad i got bit by one of these years ago. Its all about payin dues.
Bret Van Sant
Well, at least this experience has served me to know this model of MARTO that I did not know before.
I agree with the others, make an effort to return the dagger & get your money back. Etched blades showing the logos of Clemen & Jung, Richard Plümacher or PD Lüneschloss are almost always reproduction.
Thanks for the information Billy G.
Haven't seen the "gooney bird" etch in a while smile
© Your new forums