UBB.threads
Posted By: Oleg67 Not all what a sweet pair is comes from Twix. - 03/11/2017 07:51 AM
Hello Gentlemen.
Here are my last additions. A sweet pair of navy daggers by Alcoso and WKC. The portepee of the dagger by Alcoso seems to be not completely correct knotted. I think it was maybe a mistake of the owner of the dagger. If I see a traces of the wear on the portepee, think also that the portepee was weared in this way. I hope you like it.
Best,
Oleg.

Attached picture IMG_0473.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0474.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0475.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0480.JPG

Attached picture IMG_0529.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0534.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0535.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0536.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0537.JPG
Very Nice Daggers, The Navy's are one of my favorites smile
Yes very nice indeed, thanks for showing.
Thank you too, guys. My pleasure.
Best,
Oleg.
Two nice daggers. Especially hammered scabbards in this condition are rare!
You can find attached navy knots in crazy bindings. I personally do own one with a navy saber knot(!) which naturally is especially long and has a bigger acorn, in a very crazy binding.

In this "wearing" pic you can see a nearly identically binding variation of yours. Perhaps it is not clear enough to recognize it here but if you have the photograph in hands and use a loupe you can see it.
I am not sure but I think to remember having seen this binding on imperial navies, perhaps (I am not into imperial times) this was the/a tie at these times.

Regards,

Attached picture 108.JPG
Like the Alcoso a lot Oleg! My favorite Navies are the Alcoso's and the Holler's as they were makers that had traits that were only used by them on these beauties! Best, Kevin.

PS.. Those scabbard rings are works of art!!
Thank you Kevin.
Wotan, thank you very much for the picture of the knot!
Best,
Oleg.
© Your new forums