UBB.threads
Posted By: JonesCollectable Clemen & Jung 2nd Luft - 02/24/2017 10:56 AM
Hi guys , is there any way of dating this clemen and jung by its TM ?
any other red flags you can notice , thanks for your help
Will.

Attached picture clemen 2.jpg
Attached picture clemen 3.jpg
Attached picture clemen 4.jpg
Attached picture clemen 5.jpg
Posted By: Billy G. Re: Clemen & Jung 2nd Luft - 02/24/2017 09:23 PM
Clemen & Jung often double marked their blades. By any chance, is there a "Z" on the obverse?
Posted By: JonesCollectable Re: Clemen & Jung 2nd Luft - 02/24/2017 09:53 PM
I don't believe so , just been sent quite a few pics of the blade and i cant see one , i know what you mean though the clemen Z with dots was an early mark and then a shield etc but this is just the plain "clemen and jung solingen" mark . i will have a closer look through the pics and see if i missed something ,
Will.
Posted By: JonesCollectable Re: Clemen & Jung 2nd Luft - 02/25/2017 06:26 PM
no second mark apparently , I took the plunge on it, my first 2nd luft love the grip colour hope i did ok with it.
Posted By: Kevin (heers68) Re: Clemen & Jung 2nd Luft - 02/27/2017 03:28 AM
Will, This dagger is fitted like you would expect an early C&J to be with their unique hand enhanced chest on the bird! These early Pack generic fittings date this one in the first year or two of production, (37-38). The only non typical feature on this piece is the grip wire. C&J had a unique very fine wire that was triple wound in a very "busy looking" way only used by them. So not sure how it ended up with this course double strand.. if I were you I would look very closely for the Z shield on the opposite side of the blade from the maker name hidden way up under the swaz.. be surprised if its not there! Best, Kevin.
Posted By: JonesCollectable Re: Clemen & Jung 2nd Luft - 02/27/2017 09:09 AM
Thanks Kevin , it will be with me in the morning i too am keen to have a proper look as all the single tm examples iv'e seen have the z in shield logo not the plain wording alone , need to have a look at that C&J wire .
regards
Will.
Posted By: Oleg67 Re: Clemen & Jung 2nd Luft - 03/04/2017 08:12 AM
Hi Will.
Here are a same logos at the blade of my army dagger by C&J.
Best,
Oleg.

Attached picture IMG_0471.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0470.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0469.JPG
Posted By: JonesCollectable Re: Clemen & Jung 2nd Luft - 03/09/2017 07:20 PM
Sweet Oleg ! i like that cross on the tang , its not present on the Luft ! any ideas as to what it represents ?
Will.
Posted By: wotan Re: Clemen & Jung 2nd Luft - 03/09/2017 10:07 PM
@JonesCollectable, the "cross in a quadrat" is the makermark of the drop forger who did produce the blade. Another one which comes to my mind is the prominent "CAH" (interlaced), when I remember right stands for the drop forge of Carl August Hartkopf, which can be found often on EICKHORN marked blades (as Hartkopf has been a relative of the Eickhorn family).
The "cross in the quadrat" can be found on blades of several different makers, one of them is also HÖLLER.
Regards,
© Your new forums