UBB.threads
Posted By: Baz69 Double etched Army daggers - 01/28/2017 09:04 AM
I have long held the opinion that not all double etched army daggers have the sprigs either side of the eagle in the etch, I personally have seen both a C&J and Eickhorn example that lack this detail but are in my opinion original examples, interestingly both were very early pieces, the Eickhorn was a double oval mark with the rest of the dagger exhibiting the standard early traits to a dagger of this vintage, the C&J was the same with a small stamped mark in the oval. Does anybody own such a dagger with any makers mark that lacks these sprigs.
To clarify here is a picture of a known Voos type with the sprigs.

Gary

Attached picture 098ew2-8.jpg
Posted By: JohnZ Re: Double etched Army daggers - 01/28/2017 03:22 PM
Not quite a response to your request, but there are two Luftwaffe etches on Luft2s without the sprigs under the wings pictured in Wittmann`s Luftwaffe book on pages 254 and 263, albeit with blued background and both on unmarked blades.

John
Posted By: wotan Re: Double etched Army daggers - 01/28/2017 04:01 PM
I am sorry that I cannot contribute concerning your question. I have checked my files and did find only one C&J which is assumed to be a total fake (other side with the well known "...Generalstab..." etching, large etched mm) and no EICKHORN with the certain eagle etch, only dedication etchings.
Regards,
Posted By: Baz69 Re: Double etched Army daggers - 01/29/2017 10:27 AM
Thank you both, I'm sure there are examples out there, both of the examples I have seen have all the traits you would have expected to be original examples.

Gary
Posted By: Billy G. Re: Double etched Army daggers - 01/30/2017 03:31 AM
Ulrich of England had a Clemen & Jung (large,etched logo) that was missing the sprigs. Marked sold now. Trying to downsize the pics rather than merely posting a link, but I'm having some trouble.

http://www.ulricofengland.com/index.php?...5x3y37kq5rgxoc0

Posted By: stuka rick Re: Double etched Army daggers - 03/11/2017 04:17 PM
Yes I have an alcoso double etched army dagger that does not have the sprigs. I am a new member(yesterday) and going to my boat today for the weekend. I will try to post photos ASAP.Interesting post.
© Your new forums