UBB.threads
Posted By: Mauser88 Eickhorn Heer Dagger Scabbard Question - 12/18/2016 05:58 PM
Do all Eickhorn mfg'ed scabbards have the screw only on the top flat side od did they put the one screw on the side too?

Just trying to figure out if the scabbard is the correct one for my dagger.
Eickhorn did not use a single side screw - WKC did use a single side screw.
Posted By: Mauser88 Re: Eickhorn Heer Dagger Scabbard Question - 12/18/2016 11:52 PM
Originally Posted By: WW2-Collector
Eickhorn did not use a single side screw - WKC did use a single side screw.

Thanks! I thought that may have been the case.
Posted By: Fitzer Re: Eickhorn Heer Dagger Scabbard Question - 12/19/2016 03:45 AM
Most Eickhorn armies have the single flat screw at the back of the scabbard. However, very early Eickhorn Armies had two side screws (see pics below - source Wittmann).

Attached picture eickscrew.jpg
Attached picture eickscrew_Early.jpg
This is correct - but as mentioned I have never seen Eickhorn use a single side screw.

Originally Posted By: Fitzer
Most Eickhorn armies have the single flat screw at the back of the scabbard. However, very early Eickhorn Armies had two side screws (see pics below - source Wittmann).
Tricky thing is that there are Eickhorn produced scabbards out there that have these same exact later bands and shell and have a single side screw! These examples were made and sent (sold) to WKC and finished with the single side screw by them.. I could see were a dealer or collector could match one of these with a Eick Heer that has a damaged/missing scabbard... not correct IMO in any case! Best, Kevin.
Posted By: JohnZ Re: Eickhorn Heer Dagger Scabbard Question - 12/20/2016 03:45 PM
And, the aluminium Eickhorns had no screw only a pressed throat band.

John

Attached picture Obverse Hilt.JPG
Attached picture Reverse Hilt.JPG
© Your new forums