UBB.threads
Posted By: Janos Early slant Henckles and Paul Weyersberg armies - 11/30/2016 11:10 AM
Hello,
I haven't added anything new to my early army dagger collection for a while, but now I was fortunate to find two nice pieces.
They came from from probably the worst auction house I have ever dealt with, but finally, after almost a month, they are arrived safely.
Both are textbook, early army daggers in my opinion: the Henckels with enhanced PACK crossguard and the Weyersberg with the 2nd type Weyersberg crossguard.

Hope you like it.

Janos

Attached picture d.jpg
Attached picture d2.jpg
Attached picture d3.jpg
Attached picture d4.jpg
Attached picture d5.jpg
Attached picture d7.jpg
Attached picture d9.jpg
Attached picture d8.jpg
Attached picture d15.jpg
Close ups

Attached picture d12.jpg
Attached picture d13.jpg
Attached picture d6.jpg
Attached picture d11.jpg
Attached picture d14.jpg
Attached picture d10.jpg
Hi Janos,
that's a beauty. Nice catch. Congrats.
Best,
Oleg.
Nice daggers. Congratulations, my friend.

John
Nice catches my friend! Beautiful examples and text book! I saw these too and thought about going for them, as I recall the hammer price was quite reasonable. Well done! I need that Henckels! Drop me a PM if you ever want to move it!! Best, Kevin.
Very nice Janos! Congratulations!

Danny
Ok.. Does the Weyersberg have. Number inside the guard?? wink. Kevin.
Hi Kevin,
sorry, no numbers on the tang or inside the crossguard... I am soooo disappointed. I will send them back to the auction house!!! OK, just joking. cool
Janos

Attached picture wey.jpg
Attached picture wey2.jpg
Superb pair Janos - The first Weyersberg Type-2 I remember seeing with a slant grip.
Janos,

Beautiful additions, just beautiful.
Janos, I was just reviewing this post and noticed that the Weyersberg has a non-tapered tang, very rare indeed with a slant grip! I think it is completely correct but very interesting as this combination is rare and I only have seen a few examples of this. I have two in my collection, a SMF and a Puma.. Best, Kevin.
© Your new forums