UBB.threads
Hello all,

Coming from a good and trusted source. I was told it is a Rich. Abr. Herder for maker, does that sound correct? Would really like to know what everyone thinks. I would be purchasing this for my personal collection if there are no red flags. I am not a dagger guy and if anyone sees anything out of the ordinary I would appreciate you letting me know. Do I have the forum's blessing on this one?

William Kramer

Attached picture 1.jpg
Attached picture 2.jpg
Attached picture 3.jpg
Attached picture 4.jpg
Attached picture 5.jpg
Attached picture 6.jpg
Attached picture 7.jpg
Attached picture 8.jpg
Here is my 2nd Luft by Richard Abr Herder.

I bought this years ago here on the forum and believe it is ok.

Attached picture 130 luft (2).JPG
Attached picture 130 luft (1).JPG
Attached picture 130 luft.JPG
TM

Attached picture 130 luft (8).JPG
1st off Herder was a tiny maker and bought all their parts from other guys so I have no idea how to positively say this is Herder. But hey I'm learning too.
The pommel is very distinctive. Look at how it's turned right into the underside. Klaas used these but so did other makers. Similar one can be seen in Witty's reference pg 136.
If you can show the top of the crossguard I could possibly tell the crossguard maker.
The scabbard is generic.
And the early version:
Yep, these are the two versions of the RA Herder TM that I know of on Luft2s.

John

Attached picture TM - No Oval.JPG
Attached picture TM Double Oval.JPG
Hello guys.

Here my LW2 dagger by Rich. Abr. Herder.

Best,
Oleg.

Attached picture image.jpg
Looks like a nice original dagger. The hand work of the x guard would lead me to think it was done by Klaas. Klaas would normally have a scabbard like that shown by Paul and Oleg rather than generic. Looks like Herder got parts from Klaas.
ferule and pommel look like eichorn to me....
Very nice daggers
© Your new forums